Ex invited my daughter to lunch tomorrow!

NopeNah

• Author
She's probably looking for a way to get you back into her life.

Something is definitely strange. She hasn't spoken to my daughter since August.. and just out of the blue? Either way.. I will never speak a single word to her again.

WonderWoman911
Something is definitely strange. She hasn't spoken to my daughter since August.. and just out of the blue? Either way.. I will never speak a single word to her again.

That is really strange, especially since that was about six months ago since she last talked to your daughter. Maybe since it's a new year, she has a new plot to get you back,lol.... But like you said, don't even bother with her.

• Author

There's no going back for me..Not again! I don't hate her or anything..I just don't like the person she is and no longer want her in my life in any way,shape or form. That's why I wish she would have just stayed gone.

Is she your daughter's mother? If so suck it up & be the bigger parent.

If she's not & your child is a minor, especially if your kid is under 12, forbid your kid from going & tell the EX to stay the heck away from your child. Your kid doesn't need your EX GF in her life once in a while (August until now is too much time having passed).

• Author
How old is your daughter? Was she close to your daughter while you were together?

19 and not when we were together. My daughter couldn't stand her! Last night I got to hear(from my daughter) "how nice she is,ect.." I told her I didn't care about how she was anything and just shifted the convo back to what my daughter was into...and she kept talking about my ex...so strange. I feel bamboozled! :lmao:

• Author
Is she your daughter's mother? If so suck it up & be the bigger parent.

If she's not & your child is a minor, especially if your kid is under 12, forbid your kid from going & tell the EX to stay the heck away from your child. Your kid doesn't need your EX GF in her life once in a while (August until now is too much time having passed).

No she is not her parent. Something VERY shady is going on. My daughter is a young adult(19),so she's free too see whomever she wants..Just have an odd feeling in my gut..:sick:

• Author
Since your daughter is 19, talk to your daughter about what your gut is telling you.

Tried to and she just kept saying "how nice she's treating her,ect..I reminded her of the old feelings she had towards my ex and her response was "I was young" uhmm...that was last year. It is what it is...strange!

I'll add my daughter is still quiet immature for her age..I'd give her the emotional age of 16.

Clearly your daughter is flattered by the attentions of a maternal figure. She may also view herself as being more sophisticated since an adult wants to spend time with her. Tell your daughter that you love her. Keep your eyes & ears open & be there to pick up the pieces.

• Author

What I will do today.. is tell my daughter the same thing I've told mutual friends. "I don't want to hear her(ex's) name,no updates(even if she's deathly ill), all I want is NOTHING!" Pretty simple concept I think...shouldn't be too hard to grasp.

• Author
Clearly your daughter is flattered by the attentions of a maternal figure. She may also view herself as being more sophisticated since an adult wants to spend time with her. Tell your daughter that you love her. Keep your eyes & ears open & be there to pick up the pieces.

Will do...I'll also make it known that she should not be discussing my current events with my ex out of respect for me..If she does she does. I can't control others actions.

What I will do today.. is tell my daughter the same thing I've told mutual friends. "I don't want to hear her(ex's) name,no updates(even if she's deathly ill), all I want is NOTHING!" Pretty simple concept I think...shouldn't be too hard to grasp.

Don't. That's a perfectly fine thing to tell your friends. It will isolate you from your daughter, who you admit isn't that mature.

Instead, tell her something like this.

I understand EX reached out to you & you two are having lunch tomorrow. Don' t you think that's odd since she hasn't been around since August?

I know you are legally an adult & you can be friends with whoever you want but you are also my daughter. I love you & it will forever be my responsibility to look out for you.

You having a relationship with her bothers me. She & I are over & it wasn't pretty. I want nothing to do with her & it hurts me that you are spending time with her. I also don't think she has your best interests at heart. Please be careful. I don't trust her & you shouldn't either.

While I would prefer never to hear her name again, ever, you are my little girl & your happiness comes 1st. Be careful, but know you can talk to me about anything.

• Like 1
  • Author
Don't. That's a perfectly fine thing to tell your friends. It will isolate you from your daughter, who you admit isn't that mature.

Instead, tell her something like this.

I understand EX reached out to you & you two are having lunch tomorrow. Don' t you think that's odd since she hasn't been around since August?

I know you are legally an adult & you can be friends with whoever you want but you are also my daughter. I love you & it will forever be my responsibility to look out for you.

You having a relationship with her bothers me. She & I are over & it wasn't pretty. I want nothing to do with her & it hurts me that you are spending time with her. I also don't think she has your best interests at heart. Please be careful. I don't trust her & you shouldn't either.

While I would prefer never to hear her name again, ever, you are my little girl & your happiness comes 1st. Be careful, but know you can talk to me about anything.

True..thanks.. The lunch was yesterday and I was even told by my daughter,when I reminded her of past her past feelings/actions about ex, that "You must have made her that way"...That stung a bit!