Wish time would speed up the heartbreak.

Nolan 93

Its already almost three months post break up, and honestly time is going by fast, but I wish it would go by even faster. I've accepted the break up and even though it pains me to have the girl that I was deeply in love with break my heart, and leave for her ex. Its sad knowing we we had a lot of good memories together through out the elven months, we bonded so well, but to have it all thrown away by a selfish decision.

Bad things happen to wonderful people, and I know life isn't fair, but it is what it is. While she is back in the honeymoon phase with her ex, Im just doing me day by day, Its gotten to the point where indifference is kicking in, but there is still a long road ahead. Going through this break up has made me stronger, and I know I could never hurt a loved one by going back to any ex. Deep down you shouldn't even start another serious relationship if your truly not over your ex.

Its been almost three months, and no rebound for me yet and thats not going to change till Im officially over her. If only she could have a mindset like mine, where yes your are still hurting, but don't drag another innocent heart into your troubles, only later to break it. If only she could see, she became what she hated the most, and that was her ex. I vow to be the bigger person, and try to help break this chain of rebound relationships that have been going on for decades. As a man who has a heart and always thinks of others, I will not put an innocent loving heart at risk of being broken, until I am fully over my ex.

I know deep downed she loved me, I could see it in her eyes, that look of sorrow when she said good bye, on that cold night. Clenching tightly on me one last time for several minutes, knowing this is the end of our journey together. Even though we were both in pain, this is what she chose and I hope her ex, learns from his foolish mistakes of letting her go. Cause I knew I would have never done something so foolish as let a loved one go. Even after he hurt her, her love for him was still stronger than her love for me. Even though I was hurt in the end I hold no anger nor resent my ex, after all we are all entitled to be happy with who ever we want. I know I can move on and sleep at night knowing I never did her no harm, and I kept my word till the very end. She lost a wonderful guy, but Im pretty sure she knew that ha.

"We'll Always Find A Way, Nolan & Lyriq 04/03/14"

This quote is always on my mind "why does love hurt?..... because it was real".

• Like 2

This post really struck a chord with me. I feel like we had very similar situations this past year.

I am 8 months post break up from my ex-girlfriend and the 5 months we were together was the happiest I have ever been in my life. Like your situation she went back to her ex eventually and it really hurt that she chose him over me when I know that I am far better for her and a much better man than her ex will ever be.

I loved her and truly believe I brought out the best in her. For the time we were together I believe she loved me deeply too but I guess was just naive and a little immature jumping into a new relationship when she was obviously not over her ex. I was always good to her and never gave her a reason to leave. I guess she had never truly got over her ex and the feelings for him came back. I guess exactly like you said we have to find a way to truly believe that they are stupid for leaving us. We did nothing wrong. That is some comfort at least knowing that we did everything we could but ultimately we cannot change another human being. They went back to their exes and may seem 'happy' now but ultimately I think and hope that they will look back and regret losing a great guy like me and you know we are.

It has got easier lately and I do think of her less although at times I do still miss her and the moments we shared and wonder if I will ever experience anything so beautiful and pure again. It's been a difficult road but I totally get your situation and hope you can continue to grow stronger for the experience. I am getting there. I too have not experienced anything with anyone since the break up 8 months ago and I guess I just have to trust in life and be patient.

You sound like a similar guy to me with similar values. I still find it hard sometimes convincing myself I am still as attractive and worthy of a great girl after being dumped but I know deep down that I am. Thanks for sharing mate I am glad I am not the only one to have experienced such a situation.