8 months on...

Christophe

Struggling a bit tonight. Just feel a bit deflated after seeing a new photo of my ex on Whatsapp. I don't talk to her on it and barely use it myself but just seeing her is strange. She looks different now. By the way I do not check this regularly, as I said I barely use it but just went on tonight and saw the photo.

I still felt a sadness seeing her though, feeling like this beautiful girl I used to be with is now gone. I know it doesn't help seeing her as I also saw a couple of new photos of her (accidentally) at Christmas.

8 months on from the break up and I have definitely improved. However I still think about her at times (although not as much) and how special our relationship was. Little romantic memories of this time last year (particularly Amsterdam with her) creep into my head sometimes and just trying not to dwell on them.

I am unhappy with my work situation and really looking into moving away to a new city to begin a new life on my own. Still living with my parents at the moment and feel that I need to move out to grow in confidence and become the person I want to be. I kind of feel a little stuck where I am and want to somehow get back to the attractive guy I was when my ex fell in love with me a year ago.

It just feels like a very difficult task sometimes and the sadness and loss returns stronger too. I am still looking for the way forward. I hope some day soon I can look back on this time and say how the break up actually propelled my life forward.

I think now as well I miss the feelings of being in love, and having intimacy and being desired and loved in return etc etc more than missing the actual person. Comparisons, at least physically are still difficult for me with any girls I meet. I have posted my situation in more detail in other threads. I hope some of you can maybe have a bit of advice for me or just some words of encouragement because I am a bit low tonight.

Thanks guys.

Chris

Just keep pressing forward. We all have highs and lows on the road to peace, you are having a low point.

You mentioned that you hoped this breakup would be the thing that propelled your life forward. Mine did for me and if you can allow it to happen, it will for you as well.

I believe people are brought in and out of our lives for a reason. Sometimes that reason isn't always clear to see, but eventually you'll understand.

Good luck and I hope you feel better.

• Like 2
Marco Valerio

If you are able to see her what'sapp photo is because you still have her number saved on your phone, so delete it and continue moving on with your life!!!!

I understand the situation, but you have to get rid of the temptations like that one!!

• Like 2