Why am I still feeling down?

Mi7522

I had a very short relationship that lasted from May to Sept so not very long in the scheme of things. I had LC until the end of Oct then decided to go complete NC. Have not heard from or attempted to contact her since that day. Today I feel worse than I have in weeks. Why can't I get over this? Ugghhhh

It could be that you felt a real connection with her in just those few months. Why did the 2 of you decide to stop seeing each other?

Sometimes length does not matter, I was more in the pits from a 6 months relationship ending than a 3 year relationship in which I was engaged. And the 3 year relationship was my first love.

• Like 2
Sometimes length does not matter, I was more in the pits from a 6 months relationship ending than a 3 year relationship in which I was engaged. And the 3 year relationship was my first love.

Exactly. My shortest LTR of 2 years was the most I've ever been in love and the hardest to get over.

• Author
It could be that you felt a real connection with her in just those few months. Why did the 2 of you decide to stop seeing each other?

Things moved a little too quickly and she needed some space. She hadn't been in a relationship for 5 years and has 2 small kids so I think even though things were going well, at least from my point of view, it was a little overwhelming for her

Things moved a little too quickly and she needed some space. She hadn't been in a relationship for 5 years and has 2 small kids so I think even though things were going well, at least from my point of view, it was a little overwhelming for her

Aww well, that makes sense but sort of sad that she's hesitant about getting serious with someone again. Her being a single mother has everything to do with it and I'm sure she's thinking of her children's well being, not to mention her own.

She probably really liked you but got cold feet. /=

All you can do is live your life like normal, ya know? Life has to keep going on for us.

SoThatHappened

I think it's tough right now for a couple reasons:

1. When you were in LC for a while, she was still part of your life, even if it was limited.

2. I think you hit the realization stage that it actually is over. That stage hit me like a ton of bricks (mine was a 2-month on, 2-month off, 7-month on relationship).

That whole darkest before the dawn cliche that's actually true in my experience.

Maintain NC and you will get better. I promise you that.

• Like 1

Because you are a human who has feelings. The length of the relationship really doesn't matter in my opinion. It's all part of the process, you'll have good days, and bad days. You're having (or had) a bad day. It doesn't need to make you spiral out of control into a sad mess. Realize that it is okay to miss her, or want to contact her. (just don't actually do it)