Trying to make me jealous, or just a B*tch

FixItCris

So my GF broke up with me 2 months ago, we stayed in contact for a month, untill i found out she was with another guy that it turns out she left me for. Went NC from that point.

When we were together, we never posted any pics of us online, I always though it was because we had a conversation about how people who were really happy and comfortable didn't need to flaunt it to the rest of the world.

The other day a friend text me and said she's posting pics with her new guy. I haven't seen them because i refuse to stalk her.

I mean it does hurt a lot, but she won't get anything from me.

Is she trying to make me jealous, get some sort of reaction out of me?

Its more likely that they are posting the pics for other reasons, rather than trying to create some response in you. Well done on NC - keep that going.

I wouldn't want to hear what they are doing, and I'd tell people I'm not interested.

Here's my thought of the week:

"Care about yourself, by not caring about them."

You're doing great, really.

• Like 1

Get out there and get some of your own pics. Find things that make you smile and record your own happiness starting to grow. In fact I demand that tomorrow you wake up and just go somewhere random. Don't over think it. Dress for any occasion and take a camera and just shoot some random pics of yourself being silly. Take a friend if someone is free.

The idea is that you are so busy chasing your own rainbows that someone else's pictures are of no consequence or interest.

Get snap happy, chappy.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I go out and have fun, But I've never been one of those people who plasters their life all over social media, I was there, I don't care who knows. Some people need to get out from behind the phone and actually enjoy life instead of Trying to prove something to the world.

So my GF broke up with me 2 months ago, we stayed in contact for a month, untill i found out she was with another guy that it turns out she left me for. Went NC from that point.

When we were together, we never posted any pics of us online, I always though it was because we had a conversation about how people who were really happy and comfortable didn't need to flaunt it to the rest of the world.

The other day a friend text me and said she's posting pics with her new guy. I haven't seen them because i refuse to stalk her.

I mean it does hurt a lot, but she won't get anything from me.

Is she trying to make me jealous, get some sort of reaction out of me?

I don't think so, they have different reasons for doing it. Whatever it is we will never know.

But....

Let's just put it in a Dumpee's perspective. They are so unsure of their new relationship that they need validation, so they put up the pics, also to convince themselves they are happily in love.

Ok am I being bitter here. :o

• Author
I don't think so, they have different reasons for doing it. Whatever it is we will never know.

But....

Let's just put it in a Dumpee's perspective. They are so unsure of their new relationship that they need validation, so they put up the pics, also to convince themselves they are happily in love.

Ok am I being bitter here. :o

Haha that was my impression too, But to be perfectly honest, I don't care anymore. Whatever the reason.

From reading everything on this page so far, I would just say that your ex sounds like a bitch. She played with you and strung you along for a month while she was with another guy. That right there just screams insecure bitch to me lol. If she was really happy with this new guy, and respected you and your feelings at all, she would not have kept you around while she was with this new person.

• Like 1
Haha that was my impression too, But to be perfectly honest, I don't care anymore. Whatever the reason.

Felt the same way too, my Ex new partner posting pics of them together.

After all my Ex cheated on me so they can be together.

Her new partner must be desperately trying to fight the idea that my Ex will one day cheat

and walk out on their relationship too. They are having trust issues, that can't be good.

:laugh:

I say good luck to them. People don't change.

You got that one right, they will need all the luck.

New partner will live with that doubt looming in their head.

Ex have to live trying to prove He/she is trustworthy and in love.

So much effort, they will tire out somewhere down the line.

:p

Edited by bigtrouble

To answer the title, neither. She's neither trying to make you jealous or a bitch for posting pictures of herself in a new relationship. She's living her life, just as you should be. :)

I think assuming that people's behavior is because of you is kinda self-absorbed. So try to just focus on yourself and not someone who's no longer in your life.

• Like 4
  • Author
To answer the title, neither. She's neither trying to make you jealous or a bitch for posting pictures of herself in a new relationship. She's living her life, just as you should be. :)

I think assuming that people's behavior is because of you is kinda self-absorbed. So try to just focus on yourself and not someone who's no longer in your life.

I realise this now! But I was in a bad place when I started this thread. Much better now, and don't care anymore :)

• Like 1

Same thing here man.. I never thought much about her posting pics of us.. because I never cared honestly.. it hurt to see her doing it with my friend she left me for, only a few days after I found out they were together though.. but honestly oh well.. I agree with some other posters I believe that they do this for their own validation. I know for a fact that my ex and my friend are cheating on eachother constantly so. In my opinion they post pics of eachother to make it seem like they are the perfect couple

Same thing here man.. I never thought much about her posting pics of us.. because I never cared honestly.. it hurt to see her doing it with my friend she left me for, only a few days after I found out they were together though.. but honestly oh well.. I agree with some other posters I believe that they do this for their own validation. I know for a fact that my ex and my friend are cheating on eachother constantly so. In my opinion they post pics of eachother to make it seem like they are the perfect couple

You know, growing up, there was this radio station "Ultra Esterio (stereo)" and I guess it calmed me to listen to them late at nite...Even though I was in a Hispanic country, that radio station played Adult Contemporary songs in English...

Anywho, in between songs they'd say certain things...A guy would in a deep, sultry like voice - in Spanish.

One thing he said was like 'The best smelling perfume, is the one you can hardly smell'....

In other words, those people who just spray so much perfume on them it's annoying. They can even kill the effect of the perfume cuz it's so overwhelming...It's more softer, sexier, when you can put your nose to the neck/ear/wrist of a woman and smell her sweet perfume - only then.

What I'm trying to say is: all those people blowing up social media with pictures of each other are like that overwhelming perfume. They aren't doing it cuz it's natural (i.e. I see birds flying and can't help but take the pic and post it), they often are doing it to show off, and to mask the fact that their so-called RL is built on a house of cards...If you're secure in what you got, you don't have to flash it to the world...it stands on its own.

Especially those who post endless pictures of someone they just met and have only dated for a handful of months...but "hey, easy come - easy go". But I get the OP, it's hard to see that their so-called RL is just a bunch of bull-fart when they are blowing up social media with all these stupid pictures of them smooshing faces and embracing :rolleyes:

• Like 2