Forgiving myself: the hardest part

winnerwinnerchicken

winnerwinnerchicken

We are going on 6 months since my girlfriend of 5 years moved out and moved in with a guy and his mother while i was at work one night. This was a very sudden move, very little signs and although we were both still in love, the fact that someone new was showing her attention proved to be too much and she moved in, cut my from her life and has not reached out to me since, left me for dead basically.

Now, I was a great boyfriend. I mean I financially and emotionally supported her for years and I was her best friend, but still.. after 5 years you stop doing the stuff you did at the beginning. I still showed her affection, but I understand that we didnt do things that brand new couples do. Its hard not to blame myself, not to think back to that moment I got mad, or that moment I didnt do something right for her and just think that I blew it. I messed this all up. She is madly in love to her 6 month relationship, excited for christmas. Me, i'm still living in our old apartment, wishing for a time machine, wishing i had some way to make things up, try harder.

Had i known this guy was trying to get with her, I would have fought for her like no other. She didnt give me the choice. Read their messages a month prior to moving in ( got jealous) there was nothing indicating all of this... and it doesnt matter anymore. I'm trying to move on, I really am.. I Just wish that I could forgive myself.

• Like 1

She is the one who should be having your thoughts. You were quite lucky that she ran away with the other douchebag. Now it's time to enjoy your life and forget that selfish b!tch.