ex boyfriend got his newgirl pregnant. is it weird that it hurts &affects me ????

hippieswag1

My ex and i have known each other since we were 15, were are 26 & 27 now. Our relationship ended on bad terms. The usual him not being there for me bull****. My friends and family took him in as our own. Getting him a job at our familys business. I've loved him, held him, wiped his tears and more, he's actually always talked about us starting a family. I actually lost my virginity to him. And he just ended up being a disappointment and a bum. Being distant, especially when he had a steady paycheck, it's like he didn't need me anymore. He is someone i have loved since we were kids. I have had health and family problems, which he both wasn't there for me for. I have moved on the best i could so far. Eventually cutting ties with him. And dating other guys. But even so, seeing this girl he moved in with just weeks after we broke up, who is now pregnant. I really hate that this bothers me. I really feel like hurt and angry at myself that i care about this. Am i being an idiot? Is it weird that i still feel weird and hurt by this?

No, you're not being an idiot, at all.

You have to respect your feelings, even you don't like what you're feeling.

You might find it helpful to write him a letter really going into detail about how you feel, without actually posting it, as a way of externalising your feelings.

I've found that externalising feelings makes them a lot easier to handle. Writing, talking to a trustworthy person, going to a place where nobody can hear you and shouting it out can really help. Breaking something, and then breaking the pieces is good if you're angry.

It's better out than in...

• Like 1

No it isn't weird at all, as she seems to be living the dream with him you have been dreaming for a long time. It would be very strange if you were unaffected. As you say, he wasn't there for you when you needed him the most this can actually turn into a nightmare for her when the excitement about the baby is gone and he is expected to be a caring dad. Lets hope not though as every child deserves caring parents.

i feel for you hugs. i really do. this is intense..because sharing a child is so ultimately intimate. and that has to be painful to the core. and you know it always connects them. get mad but dont stay mad. pray to God to point you in the direction of someone you can love and who loves you back. it says int he bible God is near the broken hearted. i ache for you reading this. i know this kind of pain...in some measure.

i dont know how old you are but chances are u WILL look back on this someday and be a very happy person. take good care of yourself. HUGS!

• Like 1

Its normal to feel this way even if you don't want your ex back.I felt the same way when my ex admitted to me that he is seeing someone else and he is really into her. I was crushed , I lost my apetite and I coudn`t sleep very well.I decided to cut off contact with my ex and have been in NC for over month now and I feel so much better .

I know it hurts now but the feeling will pass and you will indifferent about it