Coping with a never ending drama queen ex

Jasonv12

I'm not sure if this is the right area.

Anyways long story short my ex and I have been broken up for a 15 months, she left me and it was a really bad breakup (she spread lies to my family and friends and hers in return threatened me). We haven't spoken for 8 months besides me saying hi if we run into eachother as we work in a Supermarket together so it's common for us to see eachother daily. Last week I went into work and was confronted by my managers saying that my ex complained I was "stalking" her because we see eachother "too much" at work. According to them she said she was uncomfortable and that I was following her to lunch breaks and what not. Yes we have had lunches together but I can't help that as they are set times for me and yes I see her a lot during the shift because we work together.

I've been informed I need to stay clear of her, ask a a manger everytime for permission to go on lunch and to go anywhere in the store besides my area. Now I understand she may have a hard time seeing me (I find it awkward also) but geez it's time to move on. Its been a year and a half nearly and I can't stand this drama anymore. I don't know what to do, I feel so trapped and isolated at work and I feel like everyone is taking her side with this. What do I do ? I can't quit because I need this job to survive but I'm also struggling emotionally becAuse now everyone thinks im stalking her because of her complaints. Any advice or tips ? Is talking to the ex about this a bad idea ?

Ps: I have a gf and am happy but this drags me down and makes work so uncomfortable for me.

Thank you so much for your advice, comments and time.

I would try hard to find a new job. I know you can't quit but you should at least be looking. You don't need the stress and the faster you can get out of there the better.

• Like 1

Congratulations, you have been stung by female Victim culture. The reality is you have a new GF and are not still pining away for her.

Go above your manager or get a new job.