Why do I still want him?

SoccerChick144

SoccerChick144

I was with this guy for a year and a half. Long Distance. We didn't really talk for about a week and when i asked him what was going on, he said that he changed as a person and just didn't feel the same way towards me. He also said that he was thinking about this for a while when just a couple weeks earlier he a bought me a pretty expensive birthday present that was personalized with my name so he can't take it back. I did not take it very well and he wasn't being very good at communicating at that point. He messaged me a couple weeks later starting off with a normal conversation, then I asked why he was messaging me and he told me that he got a a new girlfriend but he wasn't being honest with her. He said that he told her that she wasn't a rebound and that he wasn't thinking about anyone else but he told me that she was the rebound and that he hasn't really stopped thinking about me. Then he completely tore my heart to bits by telling me that he had slept with her just two days before messaging me. Since we were a long distance relationship we could never be physical and he was still a virgin until that day. I took it so much harder since we had talked about everything we would do when we met. That was one of the things. After he told me that, I said I hope you have a nice life with her. Stopped talking to him. A week later he wished me happy birthday and said that he was sorry for everything that happened and that he still loves me but he can't make up his mind. A couple days later I asked what he wanted and he said that he was just going to be alone and I said okay and that was the end of the conversation. That was a week ago now with nc and I'm afraid that it'll be for good now.

I'm still willing to give him a second chance which I'm sure is stupid but I just can't help it. He hasn't left my mind for one second. I feel like i should hate him after everything but I can't I still love him.... How am I supposed to cope?

• Author
SoccerChick144

Theres a problem with that... Both of our favorite sports were soccer... So even when I'm playing I think of him especially since after my games I would tell him all about what happened...

I know exactly how you feel. Even when our exes do terrible things to us, in our hearts we still want them for whatever reason.. the key is to try your best to use your head instead of your heart. Whenever you miss him and consider a second chance, think about what he did to you, what he ruined, and especially what he said - especially when he said he couldn't make up his mind. My ex told me once that he doesn't know what he wants, and I didn't take the warning when I should have. :(

Think about your self worth and how much he doesn't deserve you. It's hard not to miss him, but it could help to make a list of all the negatives of the relationship/break up and try to channel your thoughts to those instead - you might never hate him, but you eventually will come to realize how wrong he was to treat you this way. Stay strong.