Accidental?

Jet Lag

In reference to my puppy I Facebooked yesterday saying, "Who knew you could fall in love so quickly" but didn't attach a photo.

Within the hour my ex messaged me asking had his son come to my house because he was meant to be home from school sick but wasn't answering his phone.

Coincidence or not. I figured I couldn't ignore the message in case he was genuinely worried about his son. I should have just answered "no" but instead explained that I had been down the beach and suggested maybe his son was sleeping.

I really thought I was moving on but have a strong desire for him to be close to my dog cause I guess I still hope we get together even though I doubt it is happening.

• Author
Wait - you are hoping your ex will become close to your dog?

I guess whilst we were together I always envisaged we would at some stage get a dog to add to our family...so now knowing that isn't going to happen saddens me.

Being an objective observer, I'd say it's just a coincidence.

He asked about his son, not you. He didn't ask anything that remotely hints at what you posted. no "so have you met someone?" or "what did that post mean?" or "I heard you're in love". None of that. In fact you had nothing to do with his contact. He didn't even ask you how you are. Your best bet at this point is to block and delete him from your facebook. Its just going to keep you stuck and you will keep reading into things, evidently. Happens to the best, and all of us.

And this is just me, but in all honesty, if I saw my ex post that and I was the dumper, I'd have a grin from ear to ear because I'd see that as a poor and very transparent attempt to either make me jealous or worry I'd lost them to someone else. Just sayin.

I've been a dumper before and it's amazing how you can see everything the dumpee says and does as some pathetic attempt to get to you. Don't have contact with him. You're just going to read into everything he says and does, and he's going to assume everything you say and do is a ploy to get him back.

ahh, the "joy" of breakups. NC NC NC!

• Author
Being an objective observer, I'd say it's just a coincidence.

He asked about his son, not you. He didn't ask anything that remotely hints at what you posted. no "so have you met someone?" or "what did that post mean?" or "I heard you're in love". None of that. In fact you had nothing to do with his contact. He didn't even ask you how you are. Your best bet at this point is to block and delete him from your facebook. Its just going to keep you stuck and you will keep reading into things, evidently. Happens to the best, and all of us.

And this is just me, but in all honesty, if I saw my ex post that and I was the dumper, I'd have a grin from ear to ear because I'd see that as a poor and very transparent attempt to either make me jealous or worry I'd lost them to someone else. Just sayin.

I've been a dumper before and it's amazing how you can see everything the dumpee says and does as some pathetic attempt to get to you. Don't have contact with him. You're just going to read into everything he says and does, and he's going to assume everything you say and do is a ploy to get him back.

ahh, the "joy" of breakups. NC NC NC!

Hey Chin Up

Thanks for that. I guess I just live in hope that he is missing me...and maybe the post was an attempt to make him think I was with someone.

Unfortunately NC is really really hard because one of his kids is my son's best friend.

Also, we live in a country town and there are days when I have seen him three times at 3 different places (supermarket, sports stadium and driving passed).

Hard also when I still think of him as my best friend but I am slowly trying to get beyond that.

I know it's hard :(. And I'm a big fat hypocrite cuz after 15 days of NC I sent mine a text last night...smh @ myself :lmao: I'm weak!

Yeah, I imagine living in a town would make things difficult, but I do suggest for now that you block his facebook profile.

That's the worst feeling, eh? Sitting there missing them and wondering how they are, then wondering...hoping..they're doing the same. I catch myself in little day dreams where he's bawling his eyes put missing me but is too much of a wuss to admit it. His actions, or lack thereof, tell me otherwise.

Well, I think the only thing we can all do at this point is go to Tahiti and fool around with scantily clad locals! :D

• Author
I know it's hard :(. And I'm a big fat hypocrite cuz after 15 days of NC I sent mine a text last night...smh @ myself :lmao: I'm weak!

Yeah, I imagine living in a town would make things difficult, but I do suggest for now that you block his facebook profile.

That's the worst feeling, eh? Sitting there missing them and wondering how they are, then wondering...hoping..they're doing the same. I catch myself in little day dreams where he's bawling his eyes put missing me but is too much of a wuss to admit it. His actions, or lack thereof, tell me otherwise.

Well, I think the only thing we can all do at this point is go to Tahiti and fool around with scantily clad locals! :D

I still have his Facebook because it was agreed that is how we would contact each other re the kids after I told him I had blocked his number and his emails would go to spam.

I am not "following" him so don't see anything he posts and I've been really good at not looking at his profile (it hurts too much) but I do sometimes check when he was last online.

I do wonder if he misses me at all. This is the guy that once said, "I always miss you when I am not with you." But I guess he has moved on and probably doesn't (well not very much). Doesn't even wave when we drive passed these days.

It is so hard because I really thought we could make a really happy family.

I've been pretty good but have woken up sad again today.

I will meet you in Tahiti!!! Hopefully those scantily clad locals will appeal to me...because unfortunately no one else does at the moment.