over a year bu,still care for her.do i need ?

btvdts

like the title says...its been over a year since she broke my heart. I haven't heard a single thing from her. I did the whole "keep away from social media" moved to another state so I have no idea what's going on in her life. Ok the last part isn't true. I do know a little about what's happening to her now and this is why I need help. to understand this, I have to clarify that before meeting her, I knew her brother whom I served in the military for many years with and I knew her mom for about a year before meeting her daughter in person. she didn't live near thus why it took that long for me to meet her. after the break up her mom would check up on me once in a while. she never mentioned her daughter only would say "I think she made a mistake by letting you go"... that would be the only mention of her. The other day her mom called me and we caught up a bit. It had been about 6 months since we last talked and I can only assume she figured I was over her. she said how her daughter was diagnoised with cancer. her daughter already suffers from brain tumors so that broke my heart learning that she had to deal with cancer as well now. I have done many many things to try to continue on with my life. I've lost weight, traveled, picked up old hobbies, am back in school...basically just living life. I'll admit on the dating side of my life hasn't been that great. at first I tried it but realized I was quite ready. I've dated a few girls...nothing serious and I have not been intimate with anyone since the BU. I don't just sleep around...never been able to do that. I've been so tempted to reach out to her lately and now with this news...well the temptation is even greater. my fear though is that she will respond to me like "who is this?" or "you still care? !?". I mean its been over a year! nothing from her side...I am just terrified that if I were to reach out her response would be like..."get a life I don't care about you". to care for someone for so long and find out you mean nothing at all to them...well that would break my heart twice...and this time it would only be my fault. what should I do?

I would think that after that long time, A girl would completely forgive the past. I mean she might ask "who is this" but thats nothing bad. Unless she's just a mean person then yea thats understandable why you should be afraid. But you should definitely reach out to her. True love never dies, you can still love a person even if you've moved on, it just means you care about her. I think you should definitely go ahead. She might even be excited to hear from you. I just texted my very first ex 2 days ago and she replied with a very excited, good to hear from you, tone of voice. I havent reached out to my last ex, we broke up just over a month ago, my feelings for her are still raw. It's too painful to reach out to her.

Life is about taking risk.