Made a horrid mistake - Broke NC a few minutes ago

Arient

I made a horrid mistake :( 8 months post BU and 5 months strict NC, I broke it :lmao: I made a check on the social media, found out that a girl shared a lot of posts and things on his wall, got curious and depressed, and checked that girl out :( How stupid I am!!!!! I saw that he gave her a rose and she even posted a pic of that. So damn stupid of me. I even wrote him something on Skype to check up on him. Maybe at that time, I just want to know if he's really seeing her, the girl which he claimed (when we were still together) that she was just a weak and troublesome friend's younger sister which he helped out sometime. Not receiving any rep back, but I'm feeling so so so stupid now for doing so :( Sorry guys, just want to vent and blame myself. And now, I'm going to curl up in bed and cry I guess.

Any scolding is more than welcomed, I deserve it. Cry cry cry now.

Its not fair and its not easy when you love someone. Let yourself feel the pain, have a good cry and then move on. It hurts, I hurt too.

• Like 1
I made a horrid mistake :( 8 months post BU and 5 months strict NC, I broke it :lmao: I made a check on the social media, found out that a girl shared a lot of posts and things on his wall, got curious and depressed, and checked that girl out :( How stupid I am!!!!! I saw that he gave her a rose and she even posted a pic of that. So damn stupid of me. I even wrote him something on Skype to check up on him. Maybe at that time, I just want to know if he's really seeing her, the girl which he claimed (when we were still together) that she was just a weak and troublesome friend's younger sister which he helped out sometime. Not receiving any rep back, but I'm feeling so so so stupid now for doing so :( Sorry guys, just want to vent and blame myself. And now, I'm going to curl up in bed and cry I guess.

Any scolding is more than welcomed, I deserve it. Cry cry cry now.

As they say it happens to the best of us. Can you block him on facebook so you dont see it again/ Honestly it may help you heal a bit quicker by seeing it hugs it will get better

• Author
Its not fair and its not easy when you love someone. Let yourself feel the pain, have a good cry and then move on. It hurts, I hurt too.

Thank you so much for your words, I'm crying uncontrollably right now when I'm typing this. But I will be okay, I will :lmao:

• Author
As they say it happens to the best of us. Can you block him on facebook so you dont see it again/ Honestly it may help you heal a bit quicker by seeing it hugs it will get better

I decided to keep his FB and Skype as a way to reconnect later when things are over, as we ended things in good terms. But I honestly need to re-think about it. But now, I'm dealing with another wave of thoughts. He claimed that there was no one else in the background and the BU was just because the passion was dying. But now I'm not sure if it's true, as at the time the BU happened, he and that girl kept texting from time to time constantly. I'm afraid I will contact him again to ask if it was true that he cheated on me. Gosh, I felt so damn betrayed now. But if it's true that he's seeing her now, then I think it will also be easier for me to move on, as part of my love remnaints already dissppeared at such thoughts of they being together.

Thank you so much for your words, I'm crying uncontrollably right now when I'm typing this. But I will be okay, I will :lmao:

Of course you will. Block him completely and go and DO something, ANYTHING that will let forget and take your mind off this, if even for a short time.

BTW

It is not actually uncommon for people who cheat or people who are thinking of moving on, to mention a person they are very attracted to.

They are enamoured and want to talk about them to anybody and that includes their present partner, strangely enough.

Forget him, he is not worth even one tear.

I decided to keep his FB and Skype as a way to reconnect later when things are over, as we ended things in good terms. But I honestly need to re-think about it. But now, I'm dealing with another wave of thoughts. He claimed that there was no one else in the background and the BU was just because the passion was dying. But now I'm not sure if it's true, as at the time the BU happened, he and that girl kept texting from time to time constantly. I'm afraid I will contact him again to ask if it was true that he cheated on me. Gosh, I felt so damn betrayed now. But if it's true that he's seeing her now, then I think it will also be easier for me to move on, as part of my love remnaints already dissppeared at such thoughts of they being together.

Cry as much as you need to. Honestly does it make a difference now what happened then. Maybe deactivate facebook for a week or take him off. It isnt worth asking the questions now it just casues more hurt if it helps say yes he cheated etc. But dont beat yourself up over the answer you're worth more than that *hugs*

• Like 1

It may take years before you can be friends. I tried with my ex two months after our BU. I was fine didn't miss her or think of her. Ignored her texts. Then one day I said fine let bygones be bygones and thought we could be friends. All the feelings came rushing back. She was talking about guys and stuff. I became jealous and hurt. Started to try and get her back. Biggest mistake of my life. She played me and hurt me all over again. She would give me vague answers about her intentions that kept me wondering. Finally I had to go NC and told her we can never talk again. Hurt like hell because thats when you realize its over. So now I'm hurting and missing her like crazy. And I have all these different senarios running through my head of who is she seeing, what is she doing. Just block him and don't reach out. You won't get any answers you want to hear. It will only hurt.

• Like 2
  • Author
Of course you will. Block him completely and go and DO something, ANYTHING that will let forget and take your mind off this, if even for a short time.

BTW

It is not actually uncommon for people who cheat or people who are thinking of moving on, to mention a person they are very attracted to.

They are enamoured and want to talk about them to anybody and that includes their present partner, strangely enough.

Forget him, he is not worth even one tear.

Thank you, I have stopped crying, and but felt like what I did was such a huge step back. I always thought that our relationship and love was so great, and blamed myself for so many months for the things I did that contributed to the BU. Thus, I felt so betrayed with what I found. If I knew then, I would not have to fly 18 hours, cut off my job fof 3 weeks, just to be able to say goodbye in person. I did not even get a decent kiss during all the time I stayed there. And I thought it was me who made our relationship fail. So silly....

• Author
Cry as much as you need to. Honestly does it make a difference now what happened then. Maybe deactivate facebook for a week or take him off. It isnt worth asking the questions now it just casues more hurt if it helps say yes he cheated etc. But dont beat yourself up over the answer you're worth more than that *hugs*

Thank you, I will surely note all things down and do them, I really need to do some actual things now. Gosh, I so damn hate the gut wrenching pain now, Mr Pain, please go away ...

• Author
It may take years before you can be friends. I tried with my ex two months after our BU. I was fine didn't miss her or think of her. Ignored her texts. Then one day I said fine let bygones be bygones and thought we could be friends. All the feelings came rushing back. She was talking about guys and stuff. I became jealous and hurt. Started to try and get her back. Biggest mistake of my life. She played me and hurt me all over again. She would give me vague answers about her intentions that kept me wondering. Finally I had to go NC and told her we can never talk again. Hurt like hell because thats when you realize its over. So now I'm hurting and missing her like crazy. And I have all these different senarios running through my head of who is she seeing, what is she doing. Just block him and don't reach out. You won't get any answers you want to hear. It will only hurt.

Yes, I know for sure it will only bring pain, but the silly me still want to hear some explanation. I have been doing quite well for the past few months after going NC, but then ruined it. Such a high price to pay for a harsh lesson....

Thank you, I will surely note all things down and do them, I really need to do some actual things now. Gosh, I so damn hate the gut wrenching pain now, Mr Pain, please go away ...

You will get through this and find someone better. Honestly im still fresh out of a break up and the pain at points is so bad. But it gets better Facebook is the worst thing after a break up :(

• Like 2
Feelbettersoon

I did this too recently. I thought the BU was due to us just not working etccc

Anyway I didn't stalk social media for nearly two months, when I broke it and looked at his facebook, although we aren't fb friends, he infact was already in a ratlsionship two months after our BU (we were nearly two years together and friends for 8 yrs before) with a girl I highly disliked.

Haven't looked since but it was the worst pain iv felt, I understand how you feel. The person moving on sucks so much. I am still feeling that raw pain everyday from when I looked last month.

Just make sure you stay off and remind yourself that you were happy befofe you met this person and can be again

• Like 2

Most of us have broken NC, so we aren't going to bash you over it. Social media makes it so easy that it's almost impossible not to check up on your ex at some point. Heck, I googled my ex one time. How pathetic. Anyway, the first thing is don't beat yourself up. Realize that you are human. You are not perfect, and no one can expect you to be. Be kind to yourself. No one here wants to see that our exes have potentially moved on. That is a difficult shock to see, so it's very understandable that you are upset.

• Like 1
  • Author
I did this too recently. I thought the BU was due to us just not working etccc

Anyway I didn't stalk social media for nearly two months, when I broke it and looked at his facebook, although we aren't fb friends, he infact was already in a ratlsionship two months after our BU (we were nearly two years together and friends for 8 yrs before) with a girl I highly disliked.

Haven't looked since but it was the worst pain iv felt, I understand how you feel. The person moving on sucks so much. I am still feeling that raw pain everyday from when I looked last month.

Just make sure you stay off and remind yourself that you were happy befofe you met this person and can be again

I think my emotions were mainly anger and dissappointment, as I felt that he was such a coward for not telling me. I felt very sick in the stomach when I looked at the pic. :sick:

• Author
Most of us have broken NC, so we aren't going to bash you over it. Social media makes it so easy that it's almost impossible not to check up on your ex at some point. Heck, I googled my ex one time. How pathetic. Anyway, the first thing is don't beat yourself up. Realize that you are human. You are not perfect, and no one can expect you to be. Be kind to yourself. No one here wants to see that our exes have potentially moved on. That is a difficult shock to see, so it's very understandable that you are upset.

Thank you for your kind words. I felt that I did such a horrible thing to myself. Now it's finally the time for me to regain all the strength and this time, cut off things for real, as I'm still leaving Skype and FB open.