need some on this

iDoodleEveryday

iDoodleEveryday

hey, just a short info about me and my so called relationship.

im a freshman in college and i met her about 5 months ago during a camp. she's a sophomore and she had just gotten out of a relationship just when i met her.

we didnt really get close until about a month after we met. but things were more like we were more than friends. we got together 2 months after knowing each other. great humour, funny couple, great sex and it was all laughs.

but recently 2 weeks ago we broke up like 4 days after our last sex encounter saying to never contact again. however next day we met and we agreed on a cooldown peroid. but i know the reason we broke up was because she couldnt get her ex-bf out of her mind, and she is feeling very confused currently, and she wants to be away from any relationship for the time being.

her best friends have been telling me not to give up because they say they can tell who treats her the best. they too, claim that her ex bf is a douchebag, and if i let go its actually her loss. i never ask about her exes though but i guess she's being honest with me by telling me.

so i told her lets just split up since its making u unhappy. but recently we still contact and she asked me to meet her up with her friends to go for a drink. she ended up drunk and i had to carry her to her place. and afterwhich i promptly left(no physical contact whatsoever except for carrying her to the couch) but after we left her friend told me she was crying on the phone and asked if it was me. i guessed its her ex. and she did tell me its her ex. its funny because she still would text me and still would ask me out and its like i know i want to hug her but i just refrain from doing so. (honestly i feel very crappy typing all of this out, and i really have nowhere else to pour it out to anymore :\)

should i let go of this?

Edited by iDoodleEveryday

Her friends may be right that the ex is a douchebag, but she's being a douchebag even tryiing to date anyone while she's still this hung up on her ex. Plus it sounds like she drinks too much and is stupid when she does, so not really a good bet. Yes, some people can drink too much and still not do stupid crying midnight phone calls to their ex. I'd leave her alone at least for the next few months and see if she gets her crap together or not.

• Like 1

It sucks for sure but I would let go. She obviously isn't over her last relationship and shouldn't be in a new one until she is. Easier said than done I know. Let her go if she comes back then you'll know.

• Author
iDoodleEveryday

apparently she did ask me to meet up today because she wants me to meet someone "important". her best friend is coming into town and she wants her to meet me. I kinda dont understand whats with the cooldown peroid and then all these?..

i agreed to go and i would but im going as a friend today. not anything more though..

have to correct you though, she doesnt drink very often, from what i gathered over the time we spent together. thats why i agreed to go along when she asked figuring she'd probably get drunk which she did after only one beer.

so i should really leave her alone for a few months?

Edited by iDoodleEveryday