tough night

NopeNah

Was in contact with my ex for the past week, due to her son leaving for university. He was like my own child for the past 10+ year's, even if her and I were not together. So, bit of a tuff time for me as well. Pretty much the last connect with her. I have known that we would not reconcile, yet again. I have known the relationship has been toxic for years. I also know that I'm setting here,again, mourning our past. I'll be fine. Do my thing,as I always do, just hurting now.

AlexfromBoston

Hey buddy, I realize you posted in the wrong forum but you never know, you might be able to mend things with her. As I have related in the past, I literally have a friend who went to prison for 5 years and the second he got out, his ex came running back to him. You were with her for 10+ years, that is a lot of time for things to just abruptly end. What was toxic about the relationship? Are you trying to mend things?

• Author

Not trying to get her back. Toxins were: resentment from both sides from past events, cruel arguments, belittling in public (from her) which is clearly a lack of respect, constantly walking on eggshells around her,ect.... I could go on for days. I ended it,this time. No way for either of us to carry on together. I wish her well and do/will miss her for a bit, but no thanks. :cool:

AlexfromBoston
Not trying to get her back. Toxins were: resentment from both sides from past events, cruel arguments, belittling in public (from her) which is clearly a lack of respect, constantly walking on eggshells around her,ect.... I could go on for days. I ended it,this time. No way for either of us to carry on together. I wish her well and do/will miss her for a bit, but no thanks. :cool:

Yikes, well in that case its probably best to bow out before things get even worse. I definitely think you made the right decision. Oh well, such is life. No bloodshed, no jail sentences...it could be worse.

• Author

She definitely needs a warning stamp on her forehead! Honestly I feel like a little wussy for staying so long. Like abused women, apparently some guy's get in the same mindset. Never thought I was that guy. All my family and friends did see it clearly. Strange what the human mind does.