It does get better - karma exists

music_and_poetry

music_and_poetry

I haven't posted here in a while which I believe means I've moved on and am doing better. Things really clicked when September hit and I started my first career in the public school system.

I really thought I was the best version of myself when I was with him, but in reality I am so much better now. I have a career that I love, I have found a new passion in dancing and singing with my band, I feel happy and fulfilled each day. I am also dating a wonderful new guy who is the most respectful and thoughtful man I think I've ever dated. It's still in the early stages but he truly makes me feel special and desired. He holds every door for me and goes out of his way to brighten my day.

HE wasn't even on my mind until a few days ago when I realized we'd be attending the same Halloween party tomorrow (we have the same group of friends). And for the first time, I'm not obsessing about what to do when i see him. I feel like I've moved on and it doesn't really matter that he's there. I don't want to go back.

Tonight my best friend told me he recently got laid off from his job which was everything to him. He bragged about that job and his salary constantly. I bet he's pretty bummed. Meanwhile my life seems to be taking off. Maybe it's karma. It's funny how things have a way of happening.

Just my two cents ;)

• Like 6
Meanwhile my life seems to be taking off. Maybe it's karma.

Yes, I'd agree...it is karma. But also do protect your own! Wish him well so that your own karma will be of only well wishes for you.

I AM glad that things are going so well for you, music_and_poetry. Good karma just in your 'username' :love:

• Like 1

There are evil sociopaths, manipulators, rapists, murderers, thieves, drugdealers, crooked politicians who are walking free, enjoying life and many of them even floating in endless luxury. Do you really think your ex lost his job because of he did to you? He might find better job soon. There is no justice in the world.

• Like 2
There are evil sociopaths, manipulators, rapists, murderers, thieves, drugdealers, crooked politicians who are walking free, enjoying life and many of them even floating in endless luxury. Do you really think your ex lost his job because of he did to you? He might find better job soon. There is no justice in the world.

Seriously dude, you have tp get a more positive outlook on life. Such a dark view only makes it hard for yourself. If you were a good looking girl (as the op seems to be) man (perhaps even crooked politicians) would also be knocking on your door, it works like that.

If it helps music_and_poetry to see it as in the workings of karma, than why not?

• Like 1
HeartbrokenNewbie

I've just met someone too & my ex's RS is falling apart.. I don't care if it's karma or not but it feels so damn good lol x

• Like 6
SoThatHappened
I am also dating a wonderful new guy who is the most respectful and thoughtful man I think I've ever dated. It's still in the early stages but he truly makes me feel special and desired. He holds every door for me and goes out of his way to brighten my day.

Very glad to hear about you feeling better.

Just an honest question about what I quoted above:

Will your current guy be let go at the drop of a hat if your ex started begging to come back to you?

• Like 2
  • Author
music_and_poetry
Very glad to hear about you feeling better.

Just an honest question about what I quoted above:

Will your current guy be let go at the drop of a hat if your ex started begging to come back to you?

No that's a valid question I ask myself over and over. Sometimes I wish things were the way they were but then I remember how unhappy and unsatisfied I was in that relationship. There is also a lot of distrust and pain associated with that person which would be difficult to get past.

When I look at both ppl (ex and current guy) I feel like I am happier and getting treated better in my current situation. So, no I don't think I'd come back if he begged. It would be really difficult to go down that road again.

• Like 3
  • Author
music_and_poetry

Ok so I went to the party last night and had a really good time. One thing I was pretty surprised by is that my ex talked to me which was a little strange after 4 months NC. Have to say it was ballsy of him - I went to the fridge to get a beer and look up and he goes "hi ____________."

So we chatted for a bit and it was kind of awkward. The first thing he told me was that he got laid off from his job two weeks ago. To which my response was "sorry to hear that" (seriously how do you answer someone who tells you that?)

He asked a lot of questions. How my new jobs was, about the band I sing for, etc. when I asked what else he was up to he said "other than losing my job. Not much. Been going to the gym more now that I have time." I couldn't believe after 4 months NC we were caught up within minutes. After we talked, he seemed to kind of linger around me the rest of the night. I think he has more to say but we'll see.

At the end of night he went around the room shaking everyone's hand including mine last. It was very weird. Won't be surprised if I get a message from him over the next several days. But irregardless, this just made me realize I'm ready to close the book on this person and start a new chapter. Going back would never make me happy.

• Like 3
One thing I was pretty surprised by is that my ex talked to me which was a little strange after 4 months NC.

You're putting out good karmic vibes...which is ALWAYS attractive/magnetic...people can't help themselves finding it so. (Just in a general way; I'm not trying to put any kind at all of a romantic spin on it.)

Point is: don't be too surprised if you find yourself drawing more and more people, based on your happy and positive 'aura'. (Hhmmm...so then it came to me to suggest: you may as well ask your own Karma to protect you from the ill-intentioned and inferior ones.)

Wishing you much happiness and success, music_and_poetry.

• Like 1

Spot on with this post. I agree with you 100% I been used and abused all my life with the women i have met in my life and all of them have had no karma in their lives. But meanwhile back at the ranch i have had nothing but emotional problems in my life as a result of being screwed over

Don't worry, they all will have worst possible disease in their current life.

They probably have huge list of their doing great deeds, that's why it may take a while, but whatever they did, it will be returned.

HeartbrokenNewbie
Spot on with this post. I agree with you 100% I been used and abused all my life with the women i have met in my life and all of them have had no karma in their lives. But meanwhile back at the ranch i have had nothing but emotional problems in my life as a result of being screwed over

How do u know that? U only see one side of it.. My ex is a sociapath & I felt like he never came undone but actually what life does he really have?.. He's obsessed with money, has no real friends, can't secure close relationships, he's always in trouble .. Come on that's not really a life is it. They don't have anything but material sh*t.. I'm sure our lives are better! x

evanescentworld

Karma, is very simply, in uncluttered terms, merely ACTION.

That's all it is.

Unfettered, non-judgemental, deliberate, pre-meditated personal-choice, action.

Nothing more, nothing less.

It isn't a tool of retribution, revenge or come-uppance. It doesn't punish, kick ass or condemn.

It's just a process, enacted by someone - you, me, everyone, regardless - and put into place, implemented.

Karma is everything you are deliberately thinking, saying and doing.

And it all counts.

What YOU guys are referring to, is "Vipaka". Consequence. Effect.

But even this doesn't judge, condemn or punish. Necessarily....

As it has often been said, the Process of Kamma-Vipaka is as follows:

You get "punished" BY your 'sins', not FOR them.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 3

I will agree with this post again. There is no such thing as karma. I know of scumbags that have live that way all their lives. And guess what? No shortage of women for these winner s. In my lifetime I have never seen one single. Women love these. Winner d. And for the trolls on here do not tell me my life. Experiences. How do you know? You have not walk in my shoes.

• Like 1

At the end of night he went around the room shaking everyone's hand including mine last. It was very weird. Won't be surprised if I get a message from him over the next several days. But irregardless, this just made me realize I'm ready to close the book on this person and start a new chapter. Going back would never make me happy.

I feel so happy for you! That your life is going so well and that you are over this guy. This is what I strive for though can't currently imagine!

Thanks for your story.

Honestly, it doesn't really matter whether it is karma or not. You are moving on and happier it seems and that is what is really important.

However... your report on how the party went concerns me slightly. Where was your new bf for this party? And, maybe it's just me, but you sounded a little happy that he talked to you and you got the chance to catch up. I'd be concerned about that part of it. Whatever you do, DO NOT get sucked back into it again with him. Give the new guy a chance and let it go.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 2