NC for 5 days so far but I keep wanting to break it

lawbstar

We broke up 2 weeks ago today, and the last time I tried to contact her was on Saturday of last week. I am pretty sure that I should not be contacting her at all, but when she broke up with me, she said that she still loves me. She said she broke up with me because she felt that I was more focused on school than her. Her reasons for the break up still don't really make sense to me, but I know better than to think too much about that. However, the last time I tried to contact her out of desperation, on Saturday, I asked her when I would be able to see her. She never picked up my calls, but she texted me back saying that she was not ready to talk yet, and soon. I know that this could just mean that we'll never see each other and never get to talk, but this combined with her saying she still loves me is putting me back on a thin strand of hope. I really want to call her, but at the same time I am pretty sure I shouldn't. What should I do?

WTF is her problem with you paying attention to school? Is this just a move to teach you a lesson so you'll give up doing anything but entertaining her? Does she want to be married to a homeless person? She certainly isn't thinking about anyone's future here, so not sure how serious I'd take her as a girlfriend. She sounds awfully narcissistic to me. I'd be careful what you wish for. She should be glad you're paying attention to school and then after that, to work. Or is she talking about school activities, not studying? I feel I'm missing something. Even if it's that, a person gets to have hobbies and interests and friends and not be chained to a bf or gf.

Whatever they say it's more of an excuse, they might even think it's true but in the end if they want to be with you they would be. It doesn't really matter what the reason is, don't think too much of it. Let her go. The dumper will usually say some things that will leave the dumpee with hope but it doesn't mean anything.

• Author

Thank you both for your input. I do feel that she might be saying these things so that she does not feel so bad about herself, so I try not to take what she said too seriously. Even I am not completely sure what her reasons were for dumping me. It does not make sense. She told me that she understands that school work is important to me, and that she wants me to do well in school, but then her breaking up with me does not make any sense then if it did make sense to her. She told me that she felt like I cared more about my academic success than her, so I guess she felt like I neglected her. At the same time though, I have come to realize that I do not think she really loved me. She never really trusted me. I would not hang out with girls because that always bothered her, but now I realize that I should not have changed myself to please her.