So today would have been our 3 year Anniv.

xUnknown

Last year on this day (we were broken up at the time), she texted me - letting me know she was thinking about me and I was in her thoughts.

We got back together, only to break up again.

Part of me wishes I got a text from her, like I did last year. I still miss her, but I know breaking up was for the best.

I'm doing very well, but obviously I still miss her. Its easier the second time around.

I want to reach out, but I know I won't get the response I want. That "fix" isn't worth it.

Last year on this day (we were broken up at the time), she texted me - letting me know she was thinking about me and I was in her thoughts.

We got back together, only to break up again.

Part of me wishes I got a text from her, like I did last year. I still miss her, but I know breaking up was for the best.

I'm doing very well, but obviously I still miss her. Its easier the second time around.

I want to reach out, but I know I won't get the response I want. That "fix" isn't worth it.

How do you know you won't get the response you want?

Perhaps not exactly the one you want, but it could be a start...

• Author

Because I don't even know what response I want to hear.

Lets get back together - Not the right time or place, we need to work on ourselves

I miss you - Sure, that'd be nice, but then I'd be hung up on her some more

I love you - same thing as above

Its a loose loose situation. Regardless of what I say or what she says back, It will just set me back.

I know if I reach out, she'll reply. But I don't even know what I would want her to say. If you check my thread, we ended with an ultimatum. Not the best way to end things.

Don't feed false hope please they have been broken up for over a year

• Author
Don't feed false hope please they have been broken up for over a year

We broke up last year late Sept. She came back in December. Started dating again in January, Official early July, then broke up again early October (a little over 3 weeks post BU)

So, we weren't broken up for over a year, just that I wish I had gotten a text from her, the same way I got one from her last year.

Last year she did the breaking up. This year, I gave an ultimatum and it ended as ultimatums always do. So, maybe this year it is for me to text her? That's what I want to do, but, I know I shouldn't.

• Author

I'm not exactly sure why...but, it was the most emotional I've been since Day 1.

I did wake up in the middle of the night crying because i had a dream about my brother (who passed away). I think that was the catalyst that fed my emotions for the day. I couldn't call her and vent to her like I normally would...so I felt emotions in that respect too.

I don't know why, but it just sucked overall.

Today - is the 1 month mark.

I think overall, I've been doing very well. But I feel today I'm waiting to have another breakdown just because of what today is.

I was venting to my roomie/best friend last night. He re-iterated to me that I didn't break-up with the girlfriend from January-August...I broke up with the girlfriend that was a ****ty girlfriend from September to now. I have to keep reminding myself of that. There's still some part of me that wants to be with her. I have to get that out of my head - because I shouldn't. Again, its like all the good times "overshadow" the bad, and I keep thinking of things as I'm missing out on her...when I know it should be the other way around.

Good words of wisdom from the roommate! Just a day. Go do you and never look back.. When you "get back together" the same people are still in there, just hiding the bad.. That doesn't stay hidden forever, it's who they are. Myself included.

• Like 1
SoThatHappened

xUnknown

I need you to clear some space in your messages quota in order to reply to your PM ;)

• Like 1
  • Author

Yesterday was a much better day than Monday, that's for sure.

She's still on my mind though. This is definitely the most since we broke up that she's been on my mind. 1 month mark maybe? Who knows...

I keep telling myself that I know it needed to end. I was getting so stressed and anxious it was taking its toll on me.

I just can't help but miss her. Its so difficult. I don't know why, but this feels worse than last year when we broke up (and at that point I was on house arrest).

Tomorrow is another day...

• Author
Good words of wisdom from the roommate! Just a day. Go do you and never look back.. When you "get back together" the same people are still in there, just hiding the bad.. That doesn't stay hidden forever, it's who they are. Myself included.

Thanks. I know he had good advice.

I think another bit of it is that I'm dealing with the loss of my brother. She's was there for me in the past, hospital, funeral, the weeks/months following... Now that things are coming back up again, my first instinct is to go to her - which obviously I can't.

So its like the loss of my brother is compounded with the loss of her. I've been so emotional this past week.