Dealing With The Pain

sammyy3

So I was the dumper. My boyfriend of 18 months was an alcoholic. This was my first relationship after my divorce. I decided that he was not going to ever change and felt that he chose alcohol over me. I know he did. I am one month into the break up and two weeks of no contact. The problem I am having is the missing him. He was my best friend and we were close. Even though I was the dumper I think I feel the pain just as bad as someone who was dumped. I feel like some days the no contact is killing me but I m working through it. There are so many things you wonder like "is he thinking about me" and I grieve for the lost hope that he would change while I was with him. I wonder if he knows that I loved him and don't hate him. I know I deserve better and will someday see that better. Does any one else wish it was a year from now so that you will feel better? I went through a divorce and my husband had an affair and now lives with that women. I completely recovered from my divorce so I know that I will be happy again. I just seem to fight the time it takes to get there.

So I was the dumper. My boyfriend of 18 months was an alcoholic. This was my first relationship after my divorce. I decided that he was not going to ever change and felt that he chose alcohol over me. I know he did. I am one month into the break up and two weeks of no contact. The problem I am having is the missing him. He was my best friend and we were close. Even though I was the dumper I think I feel the pain just as bad as someone who was dumped. I feel like some days the no contact is killing me but I m working through it. There are so many things you wonder like "is he thinking about me" and I grieve for the lost hope that he would change while I was with him. I wonder if he knows that I loved him and don't hate him. I know I deserve better and will someday see that better. Does any one else wish it was a year from now so that you will feel better? I went through a divorce and my husband had an affair and now lives with that women. I completely recovered from my divorce so I know that I will be happy again. I just seem to fight the time it takes to get there.

You hang in there. You made the right decision .

Any addict puts priority on one thing and that is addiction .

chances are those are his thoughts and cares.

It's good that you got out when you did.

Don't grieve , just be happy you don't have to be with an addict and deal with all which that entails . You focus on the good in your life and the good that will come in your future.

Good job OP. You did well (1) recovering from the divorce, (2) realizing that your EX-BF wasn't about to change, (3) sticking to NC, and (4) venting here when you feel the need. You keep on keeping on.