How to deal with a breakup, esp when I have BPD?

Taviah

My boyfriend broke up with me and I'm a complete mess. One moment I'm crying and the next I feel so empty and dead inside. Suicide have crossed my mind many times but I know Im too chicken to actually do it. I feel so uncomfortable in my own body. He still responds when I text him (about normal things), but the last text I sent him was me begging him for a 2nd chance. He hasn't respond since then.. Each hour that passes with him not responding is making me feel worse and worse. I can't afford therapy and I can't talk about this to my friends and family because none of them like him. I don't know how to cope.

Okay, calm down. There are amny other ways to have someone to talk to. just google counseling for you country. They will talk to you about everything. Suicide is never the answer as we dont know whats on the other side of that door. What if it actually leads to place which amplifies your feeling and then youre stuck there for good. Better die happy then sad.

It will get better, there are many guys out there. One thing i say to myself is that "When you're 100 years old, lying on your death bed and you had a chance to be right here, right now, what are you going to do?"

I am almost over a heart wrenching breakup and that really helped me. I just imagine me on my death bed regretting that time i spent crying over a guy when i realized that i have so many other things to do. There are so many things out there. I have this bucket list of things i want to do and i focused my energy on that. Right now im trying to knit scarf because idk. yolo? It stupid but eh my mind is elsewhere when i do it and its on the bucket list.

Its better you found out that you were incompatible now than if your married and have children. so cheer up <3

Taviah,

please talk to your doctor/physician (or any other healthcare professional who is experienced in mental health issues) about this.

Good luck

StrangerThanFiction
My boyfriend broke up with me and I'm a complete mess. One moment I'm crying and the next I feel so empty and dead inside. Suicide have crossed my mind many times but I know Im too chicken to actually do it. I feel so uncomfortable in my own body. He still responds when I text him (about normal things), but the last text I sent him was me begging him for a 2nd chance. He hasn't respond since then.. Each hour that passes with him not responding is making me feel worse and worse. I can't afford therapy and I can't talk about this to my friends and family because none of them like him. I don't know how to cope.

I'm so sorry you're feeling like this :( Know that you're not alone, ok? Most of us here at LS are going through the exact same thing you are and we're right there with you.

You need to stop contacting him, though. I know you love him and you miss him and it feels like your heart is being cut out, but the more you beg for him back, the more you reach out and contact him, the less he's going to want you back. You're making yourself look desperate instead of the awesome person he was attracted to in the beginning. The more you contact, the less he'll want to be with you. I can guarantee you that.

My ex is bipolar and I, personally, think she also has BPD. She seems to be handling the breakup OK (not great, but maybe even better than me).

What did she do?

She surrounds herself with friends. Always. She's rarely home. I even think that the other night, her friends and she had a "hate" dance party where they got together and just laughed about our relationship.

Eh. I don't care. Girls will be girls and everyone knows (including her friends -- some of them actually implicitly told me in the past) that I dated down.