You know what? I'm not actually doing to bad

DirtyHairy

Well its been a pretty up and down ride for me this past breakup. Being left always sucks and being left and not knowing why sucks even more. Lately I've been feeling a bit more positive about stuff though, maybe because it wasn't a super long relationship or that when I was left from the relationship before this one it was the first true long term thing I had had so maybe I'm understanding of the feelings of loss and can grieve but come out more positive in a quicker time period I'm not sure.

I'm trying to just do my own thing and stay positive even when the anxieties or fears or loneliness happen I just say to myself "its just a moment, it will pass like all the rest" and then it does and I'm okay.

I still think about my ex daily and check her social media which I shouldn't but it is sort of a habit to get rid of. Even though my thoughts are occasionally on my ex I try not to let it get me down.

There's this girl in one of my university classes who I wouldn't mind getting to know a bit more. Went to highschool with her she was in a totally opposite social group than me but I tend to be attracted to those for some reason lol not sure if I'm going to pursue it but its nice to know I have the option to if I want.

Just kind of going to try and take it day by day and do my own thing. I'm not fully healed yet and still have my down moments but at least I feel a bit better.

Peace, love and positivity is all I need. By that I mean I am striving for and making steps towards inner peace, self love and positivity to all the things that I do have. Love will find me and I'll let the universe take over for a bit right now.

Anyways I just wanted to tell people because I know lots of you are going through hard breakups and you feel like your world is crashing down upon you. Trust me I know that feeling but maintain a positive outlook and you will get better and you will love again!

• Like 1

Thanks for the uplifting words and glad to hear you're doing better. How long has it been since your breakup?

Today I made the decision to reclaim my power and it feels great. I'm at about two months and feel like I've weathered the worst of the storm. I really thought I'd die of a broken heart a month ago, pains in the chest and the whole nine.

I've also made the decision to become stronger than I ever was before (physically; when I'm through with this, I'll be there mentally). That feels great, too. :)

• Author
Thanks for the uplifting words and glad to hear you're doing better. How long has it been since your breakup?

Today I made the decision to reclaim my power and it feels great. I'm at about two months and feel like I've weathered the worst of the storm. I really thought I'd die of a broken heart a month ago, pains in the chest and the whole nine.

I've also made the decision to become stronger than I ever was before (physically; when I'm through with this, I'll be there mentally). That feels great, too. :)

It has been month and a halfish since I last spoke to her, was a weird breakup.

That's always great to have a positive outlook like that though. The first bit is always the worst because your mind is still reeling and you still feel something for someone who is gone.

Staying positive is key even when it is hard to have a single positive thought in a day. It is just a process and everyone has to go through it but it gets better over time and I think reading positive stories help people :)

SoThatHappened
Staying positive is key even when it is hard to have a single positive thought in a day.

You're doing a good job, man.

However, since you're still checking her social media, you're setting yourself up for a big setback (if you see her with someone else).

Block that crap. Don't let it derail your healing. Seriously.

Don't EVER look at her social media until you're completely, 100%, indifferent. At that point, however, it won't even dawn on you that she still exists.

So, cut that tie. It's not healthy and it has the potential to set you back.