2.5 years on, healed and in love again!

winstonsdreams

winstonsdreams

Wow, I haven't been on here in around a year. I thought I would touch base, what a journey it's been, basically long story short, I broke up with my girlfriend, she moved on incredibly fast and I was left heart broken and with severe depression.

I had severe guilt problems and was single for over 2 years. In that time I did some incredible things, some soul searching and getting to know myself. I saw a psychologist who helped a lot with my guilt issues and eventually started dating again!

ANYWAY I am nearly 4 months into my new relationship and really happy! I can't believe I am saying that but I am!

People it takes time, if I could give you any advice, and I know some of you are really really hurting, I have been there trust me please, just give it time. It won't happen overnight but read all the threads on here that give you advice, no contact, block your ex on all social media, no texts, phone calls, etc. Go to the gym, see your friends, DON'T rush into new relationships. It took me 2 years to start a new relationship but here I am.

Oh and don't wait around for your ex, my ex is now married and heavily pregnant with the guy she dated a few weeks after we broke up. I have seen her twice, both times it wasn't pretty!

Good luck people stay strong you will get through this please believe me, you are wonderful and worth it, you are better and will move on!

• Like 16
Wow, I haven't been on here in around a year. I thought I would touch base, what a journey it's been, basically long story short, I broke up with my girlfriend, she moved on incredibly fast and I was left heart broken and with severe depression.

I had severe guilt problems and was single for over 2 years. In that time I did some incredible things, some soul searching and getting to know myself. I saw a psychologist who helped a lot with my guilt issues and eventually started dating again!

ANYWAY I am nearly 4 months into my new relationship and really happy! I can't believe I am saying that but I am!

People it takes time, if I could give you any advice, and I know some of you are really really hurting, I have been there trust me please, just give it time. It won't happen overnight but read all the threads on here that give you advice, no contact, block your ex on all social media, no texts, phone calls, etc. Go to the gym, see your friends, DON'T rush into new relationships. It took me 2 years to start a new relationship but here I am.

Oh and don't wait around for your ex, my ex is now married and heavily pregnant with the guy she dated a few weeks after we broke up. I have seen her twice, both times it wasn't pretty!

Good luck people stay strong you will get through this please believe me, you are wonderful and worth it, you are better and will move on!

Thanks for sharing. It is great you are happy. Hopefully it can happen for us to and sooner rather than later.

At this stage of my breakup the thought of my ex being married and having babies makes me cringe and messy.

Hopefully with time this won't be an issue.

Great to read such an upbringing thread among so many painful ones in this Coping section. Let's just hope that all of us here will soon get to post similar ones! :D

SycamoreCircle

I can't tell you how much this thread speaks directly to what I've been feeling lately, "how will I ever move on?!" I guess I'm at 8 months NC. I've had some encounters but I'm just not ready. I would hate to drag someone into this mess.

I want to feel whole again. It's so reassuring to hear that you made it through to the other side.

I hope the best for your current relationship.

Thank you for sharing your journey!! This is very helpful and inspiring, I have been NC for approximately 1 1/2 months and was wavering the NC tonight. But no longer :)

Thank you for sharing your journey!! This is very helpful and inspiring, I have been NC for approximately 1 1/2 months and was wavering the NC tonight. But no longer :) Happy for you too!