4.5 months after BU

Jewels7

I posted my original story under Abuse & Violence, and I do not want to rehash all that. I guess I'm writing because I am losing hope. I was doing okay about 4 months post (still loved and missed him but the pain was manageable). The last couple of weeks though I feel like it is getting harder and harder. I'm getting the urges to look him up, unblock him, wanting to see him. I understand this would set me wayyyyyy back if I did. I dreamed about him all night last night. Almost 5 months later people don't understand why I still love and miss this man after some of the stuff he did to me. I don't know why I do either andi just want it to stop. Will I ever get over him?!?!?!?! This website has really helped me, and I guess I just needed to vent to people who won't get annoyed with me. Thanks for listening.

I posted my original story under Abuse & Violence, and I do not want to rehash all that. I guess I'm writing because I am losing hope. I was doing okay about 4 months post (still loved and missed him but the pain was manageable). The last couple of weeks though I feel like it is getting harder and harder. I'm getting the urges to look him up, unblock him, wanting to see him. I understand this would set me wayyyyyy back if I did. I dreamed about him all night last night. Almost 5 months later people don't understand why I still love and miss this man after some of the stuff he did to me. I don't know why I do either andi just want it to stop. Will I ever get over him?!?!?!?! This website has really helped me, and I guess I just needed to vent to people who won't get annoyed with me. Thanks for listening.

Vent vent vent vent to anyone, anywhere if it deters you going backwards great. DO NOT ever go into an abusive relationship .

Keep reading and posting and do therapy . What ever you have to do to stay strong and focused then that's what you have to do .

Stay strong please

You know that you were treated badly, you need to understand what you actually want, don't suppress your actual feelings just because you made some mistakes before.

StrangerThanFiction

Oh hun, I know exactly how you feel and my heart hurts for you. None of my friends or family could understand why I loved a guy who hurt me, stole from me, and cheated on me. Honestly, I didn't understand it either. Sometimes you'll feel that you can beat this pain and you know you'll heal. But other times it just feels never ending and that it will never get better.

It will. I promise you it will. You deserve to be treated with love and respect, not treated like garbage. Stay strong. You're going to make it through this and be happier than you were before :)

• Author

Thanks everyone. I started feeling a little better today until i saw on FB a mutual friend of ours posted pics from her birthday and he went (I was invited but didn't go for this reason) He looked happy in the pics and it really upset me. Just the thought that he's getting over me. I'm stuck yet Im the one who ended the relationship.

Thanks everyone. I started feeling a little better today until i saw on FB a mutual friend of ours posted pics from her birthday and he went (I was invited but didn't go for this reason) He looked happy in the pics and it really upset me. Just the thought that he's getting over me. I'm stuck yet Im the one who ended the relationship.

Seriously, these days, I don't think we should ever believe the happy awesome whatever things people pulled on FB. I myself have posted many happy pictures since my BU. I was indeed feeling happy at the time the picture was taken, but I also felt sad, pain, hopelessness, but come on, how many show those vulnerable sides on FB? :) So just disregard it. And about how come you still love and miss someone you shouldn't, I guess love is hard to understand. We felt in love by chance, not by choice ;) Just keep venting here, LS is a great place to share that!