Dreaming about them

edgygirl

So it's been almost 4 months since my breakup and 3 months we haven't exchanged emails. I went on dates but didn't feel really ready to try anything real with someone new yet. I like to think I'm quite over him but I don't know if it's true. I don't have anyone I'm interested in to replace the memories.

So it seems from time to time, and it just happened yesterday, although I try hard to forget him, I still dream very vividly about him and it makes me wake up in the middle of the night and feel utterly sad.

I believe we don't have much control over this and it probably goes to show I'm not really over him? Or is it just because it was an intense relationship and he was part of my life recently? As friends are, etc.?

For those out there who study dreams and the unconcious - is there a technique to get them out of your head / in dreams? I can't take it anymore :sick:

It's hard to pinpoint what could be causing your dreams.

In my experience, I've found that when I'm getting over someone, or close to being over them- I start dreaming of them frequently. It's almost like my subconscious mind wants to hold on to them because I'm not thinking about them 24/7 anymore.

The best thing to do - in my opinion - is to let it run its course. The dreams will die down eventually, or you will become numb to them once you stop focusing on them as much as you are now.

Good luck! I know it sucks initially, but it gets better.

• Like 1

I feel your pain..... I'm in the same situation and i dream of my ex all the time. I have been on line to see what they mean but there are so many interpretations that its confusing. Its been 7 months for me and its as painful today as it was that day it ended. I didn't even get an explanation, i was cut off immediately, blocked and deleted from emails, texts, skype and when i tried to find out why... i got a nasty message back threatening me, if i ruined things between him and the person he was having the affair with, he would destroy me.... so im thinking the dreams for me are unfinished bushiness.

I hope we can find peace soon and move on with our lives.