1 month today

Lalocket

Hi

I thought I would update everyone on my situation 1 month later.

I still have bad days (today & yday) but let's put it this way; I can function now. I am back at work, seeing friends and family and generally putting on a brave face. I have been on 3 dates (turns out I'm not ready for dating) but I put myself out there.

He is with someone else now. I feel that this can only be a good thing (maybe not now) but it has killed any hope as I could never be with him again now. The pain was too immense. I feel that without this, I wouldn't properly move on and I would still believe he was this awesome guy who missed me too.

I am avoiding his social media now. It only made the pain greater. The curiosity is still there but i have to think..he's not going to be saying 'I MISS HER SO MUCH I WISH I HADNT MADE THIS MISTAKE'. Fact is..he didn't love me enough to stay. I think yesterday was the first time I accepted it.

Stay strong everyone, 1 month has gone by and I feel it can only go up from here.

• Like 5

Well I have a different side. After one month of no contact I felt like 70% better. And I've just gotten better since. It's what you make of it, and if you are determined to feel better, you will keep feeling better. There will be days, and obviously Reels is pretty bitter and it's easy to act this way, just try not to succumb to it, and remember the bigger picture. No contact is working, and you are doing well. Keep it up.

• Author
Well I have a different side. After one month of no contact I felt like 70% better. And I've just gotten better since. It's what you make of it, and if you are determined to feel better, you will keep feeling better. There will be days, and obviously Reels is pretty bitter and it's easy to act this way, just try not to succumb to it, and remember the bigger picture. No contact is working, and you are doing well. Keep it up.

Thank you for the positivity, much needed after the last post. I am determined to feel better and hopefully I can channel that into my recovery. The twitter updates were the thing I found the hardest and I'm using every bit of my willpower not to look :)

I keep telling myself I have been here before (2008 & 2011) and I got over it then so I can get over it now.

• Like 2