I wish I could just turn off my feelings...

Atticus9292012

Atticus9292012

I had a situation end recently. I got way too emotionally invested. He moved. We said we'd be friends. I really thought I could. I got back on the online dating sites and it was going well. We talked this week and I told him about my dates. Now he won't talk to me. He was the one who didn't want to pursue long distance with me. I have texted three times and he ignored all of my texts. We used to talk every day before the move. I have been a mess. I took my profile down. Using someone to get over someone else never works....why did I think it would for me? All I can think about is the night he told me he loved me. Did he mean it? Probably not. I feel like the worst mother/human being. I have spent almost the whole weekend in tears. I even had two dates (didn't cry at the dates). I made myself get out in the sunshine as much as possible. Spent the night at a friends house Saturday when my son was at his dads. I couldn't handle being alone. I have amazing friends by the way....My son probably thinks something is seriously wrong with me with me running into my bedroom crying. I wish I knew what to do to make myself not hurt anymore. I almost feel like I have no right to be so upset over someone I didn't have a serious relationship with. I feel insane.

• Author
Atticus9292012

It's kind of a long story. We were friends in real life and I started to like him and told him I was interested. He apparently was too and we began seeing each other. At first it was sexual, but quickly became more than that. I tried to just keep it light and fun, but the connection was too strong for me. We have a lot in common. We dated for a little over a month. Saw each other nearly every day. Big problem with all this was I waited too long to say anything.....as he was a month out from moving 4 hours away. He moved nearly 2 weeks ago.