Breaking "No Contact"

guest569

I lasted about 5 months of NC, can't say I was getting any better but caved and contacted him when I was at a really low point. Damn hormones too.

That one bit of communication, at first I feel normal, no change. The emotions suddenly starting whooshing around all over the place, then i want to text again and again and keep thinking of more to say. I spent possibly half an hour composing a 3am text pouring my heart out, yet instantly regretted it once i hit send. What the heck is this rubbish? :sick::( i feel like i am back at square one although that is not true. I am not as much of a wreck as I was after the breakup. I will cease contact again and carry on..

Edited by smiley1

No big deal if you break 'no contact'. No contact is not a requirement, but it is only for keeping yourself away from the relation that is disturbing your actual life.

• Author

Yes he replied.. He was pleasant. It looks as though we are both in exactly the same position as we were after the breakup, nothing has changed.

It's just that tiny bit of contact, him replying, it just starts it all over again. I feel completely devastated. Its like torture to hear back from him and know he is still out there without me.

Well, now you know. You communicated with him, you don't feel so

Good about it. So try not to do it again

Five months is a long time. But it is not a game that you must win. It is recovery. No contact is not a lifelong sentence of something you can't do. If you look at it that way, you will want to break it even more. It is a way to move on. It is really just distancing yourself from the hurt.

I know how you feel. If you hears back from you, it makes you sad. If you don't, it makes you sad. So remember this next time, there is no way of coming out ahead here.

• Like 1