Having trouble coping

chardayze

2weeks of NC and today is a bad day. I can't stop thinking about him and all the fun memories we had. I miss my bestfriend and lover and I feel like I will never find someone who will make me feel the way he did. I'm sick of waking up every morning only to be reminded that he is no longer in my life and that I no longer have him to talk to.

One second I feel okay and think to myself that we are both still young (21) and maybe we are better off on our own for a while. And then the next second I come crashing down in tears knowing I won't get to do all the things I thought I would get to do with him and I stress about him finding another girl. And then I feel so angry at him for putting me through this and I just want him to come running back and say he was wrong and that we don't need time apart..

I want to move on so badly, but I just can't picture myself ever feeling the way I feel about him for someone else. We have had history for 6 years and we were both each others first loves, he always used to tell me how he wanted everything with me (e.g. marriage, kids) and when he broke up with me he said he hopes his feelings don't change toward me and that he hopes we will be together in the future. How do I move on when he says that to me!?

Do you think he misses me as much as I miss him even though he was the one to break it off?

Would love any advice for coping with this. Thanks

BridgetGrey

I was in your shoe 3 months ago , till finally this month a wave of acceptance and falling out of love hit me weeks ago.

I don't know what went on between you two, but I can tell the best thing is be strong and have no contact. You loved this person you were part of their lives and you miss them as your best friend. However, you need to draw the lines that they are not in your life anymore and they chose this way give them what they wanted you out of you his live.

I'm 23 and I was told by many people I'm young and he was my first real boyfriend and let me tell you everyday it dawns on me that he chose not to fight for us , but I know there better things in store for me in the future.

It will not "forever remain hard to cope" - you are young and there will be a moment in time when you realize that breaking up now is far better than doing it later (after marriage). The only way to move on is one day at a time and to take charge over your thoughts. You do not have to focus on him and try to figure out whether he misses you or not. Accepting where you are and honoring the choice that he made is the necessary steps that have to be taken to move on. Mourning the loss is normal and necessary as well, but acceptance takes time and requires that you make that choice. I am truly sorry for your pain - my thoughts and prayers are with you.