Ex-gf was in car accident today, and I was about to go NC

Enjaycee

Today, I was going to go NC on my ex-gf after LD dating her for two months, breaking up, and then foolishly sticking around for the last month to try to convince her that I could do better if she just gave me another chance. She let me sweet-talk her all the time until two days ago, she revealed she had already started seeing someone else a few days after the breakup. She says she is confused and still cares about me, and didn't want to hurt me, which is why she didn't say anything until just then. I realized that I needed to leave her alone and give her space at this point. I had some last few conversations in the past few days and was winding down to saying my final piece today and then letting her go...

But then she just texted me tonight telling me that she was in her first car wreck today! The person behind her hit her at 70mph and sent her car flying 6 feet, the air-bag didn't deploy, and she wasn't wearing her seatbelt at the time. Her car is fine and still drivable, but she said she hit her head on the steering wheel and back on the back of the seat and then forward again. She was knocked out for 15 seconds before she came to. She has trouble remembering most of what went on when I saw her two days ago (to see her one last time for closure before I left her alone), and she says her neck hurts and her head has been throbbing and getting worse every hour. I told her to go see a doc but she refuses thinking that she will be fine. I am worried, she most likely has bruising, but I'm afraid she may also have brain bleeding, concussion, and I fear the worst...when she refused I made her promise to go see a doc if it gets worse over the next few days.

Obviously I still care, but I was just about to go NC, and I don't know if I should still stick around to see this through, or go on with leaving her alone. Please, someone help me.

Edited by Enjaycee

Something doesn't seem right with that car accident. If a car hit her from behind doing 70mph, there would be a heck of a lot more damage than the car being pushed only 6 feet. She would have needed an ambulance and quite possibly the jaws of life to get her out. She should have gone straight to a hospital if she were hit that hard. Certainly wouldn't have been able to drive the car away, someone would have had to come get her.

Are you sure she didn't sense that you were about to drop her like a hot potato and blow the accident out of proportion to keep you hanging around?

Just saying...

• Like 2
  • Author

hoping2heal - yes, I have met her before. Several times.

Raena - I look back at the details she gave me, and now it seems to not add up. She said that the other person's car is much worse. Idk what that means, but she claimed all last night that she was okay and that her memory loss is only temporary.

Send her a get well card & flowers. Wait a few days then call if you want to reconcile. If you don't think you want to get back together, do nothing.