The concept of a closure

BridgetGrey

BridgetGrey

so in the aftermath I use to seek a closure and I can say I got mine via FB messaging but after being partly over the relationship. I knew deep down it wouldn't work out and he said it wasn't going we were in different points in our stages running in different directions ...

This where I knew logic trumped any kind of romantic we shared or still share maybe ....

But I have to say getting a closure is a bit overrated when a relationship ends I think yes there should a civil talk about why , yet I think walking away and cutting loose is the only way to go. The reason I don't talk to my ex is because I feel like we said everything and I no longer need him in my life or want him to be in it like he used to be. It' like I'm liberated from whatever hold he had of me lately.

What do you think of closure ?

Closure, from what I can gather, is a self-generated process. In other words, it's not up to the 'other party' to either give or provide any measure of closure. The person themselves has to engineer it.

• Like 1
Closure, from what I can gather, is a self-generated process. In other words, it's not up to the 'other party' to either give or provide any measure of closure. The person themselves has to engineer it.

That is perfect.