Not sure how to get past him...it hurts so much

I'm 26 years old and I've only been with one person. I've known him since I was a kid and had a crush on him since then. Finally at my cousins wedding in November of 2012 he showed interest in me. I was in heaven. We started dating and eventually it turned into a relationship. He was the first guy I ever slept with, my first real relationship, and quickly turned into my first love. Over the course of the next year he fell for me as well. well, he said he did. Everything was great, I mean there were issues, I had problems trusting him but thought it was just me so I ignored it as best as I could...and suddenly everything changed. He stopped being affectionate, stopped treating me like his girlfriend, and here I just thought it was maybe because he needed time. He was always kind of a private person. Never opened up completely, only told me about his very large amount of failed relationships, but never anything else. I thought I would be the one to change that yunno? We got along so well and I was amazing to him. Including ignoring all the jealousy for how close he was with some of the girls he worked with or how he would rant about them TO me. In February of 2014 he asked me to move in with him and again I was the happiest ever. I was only the second girl out of 20+ that he had asked to move in with him. He left for Germany a week later for a work training program. We talked occasionally while he was there but it was difficult. Five weeks later he came home and seemed happy to see me....two days later he dumped me. Out of the blue. "I love you but I'm not in love with you" "I dont urn to kiss you, my body doesnt ache when you're not around" Are some of the lines I got. I am devastated. It's been three months and since then I hate to admit I've slept with him a few times. He recently tried to get me to get a motel with him to sleep with him behind his new girlfriends back (new girlfriend is one of his co-workers, naturally). He hates me now because I told her about this. How could I possibly want someone like that back? WHY do I want him back?! Why do I dream about him every night and think about him every day? Why do I feel like I will NEVER find someone that will make me feel like he did again? I feel so broken...:(:( Theres so much more to this story but I don't want to write a book...

Edited by SammyK
Add more

I know you know this, but sleeping with him is making your pain worse. He's using you. And I know how much you're hurting and it's normal to still miss a person who treated you like crap. I miss my ex 3 months after our breakup and he treated me like crap. The first thing you need to do is go NC. You won't ever get over him if you're still talking to him let alone sleeping with him. You deserve so much better than this. And as you put it... You out of 20+. I think that's a red flag right there. You might want to look in to counseling. I started after my BU and it's helping. You'll love again... And it's going to be so much better because it will be with a better person than this guy.

travelbug1996

Block his number delte from any social media and change your number if need be. He doesn't give a dang about you or your feelings.