Text from the ex.

Stella81

I don't really know where to start but here goes.

I went out with my ex for two years and he was my first proper boyfriend.

Last January after getting a new job and moving four hours away my ex decided that he wanted to call an end to our relationship

There were many contributing factors to this from his part and at the end if it all I think he just wanted a change to his life.

After a very difficult 48 hour break up and as rotation period of 4 weeks he decided that he defiantly wanted to move on.

He contacted me again 4 months later in complete mess and wanting support, I was also going through a very difficult time at this point and I tried to support him the best I could but in the end I had to look after myself ( he had moved onto a new relationship at that point too which ended soon after) my ex kept contact and kept informing about his difficulties. But after July last year he. Stopped all contact and I got an opportunity to start healing properly.

It has been a difficult time, my friends have spent hours supporting me I've blocked him on fb and deleted his number. However out of nowhere on Friday I get a text from him. Nothing exciting just hi how are you? It's ******. And this has turned my world upside down I had a panic attack and didn't reply but I desperately want to but I stop myself. I was not expecting it and I'm shocked that he text but he has.

So what do I do ignore it or reply?

I don't really know where to start but here goes.

I went out with my ex for two years and he was my first proper boyfriend.

Last January after getting a new job and moving four hours away my ex decided that he wanted to call an end to our relationship

There were many contributing factors to this from his part and at the end if it all I think he just wanted a change to his life.

After a very difficult 48 hour break up and as rotation period of 4 weeks he decided that he defiantly wanted to move on.

He contacted me again 4 months later in complete mess and wanting support, I was also going through a very difficult time at this point and I tried to support him the best I could but in the end I had to look after myself ( he had moved onto a new relationship at that point too which ended soon after) my ex kept contact and kept informing about his difficulties. But after July last year he. Stopped all contact and I got an opportunity to start healing properly.

It has been a difficult time, my friends have spent hours supporting me I've blocked him on fb and deleted his number. However out of nowhere on Friday I get a text from him. Nothing exciting just hi how are you? It's ******. And this has turned my world upside down I had a panic attack and didn't reply but I desperately want to but I stop myself. I was not expecting it and I'm shocked that he text but he has.

So what do I do ignore it or reply?

That's why you block the number on your phone, don't just delete it. Deleting it does nothing for you. Blocking it and you will not see or hear from him again, unless he calls from an unknown number and if that happens, then block that number as well. Block on email as well. Delete the text he just sent.

• Author

It is a new number. I deleted and blocked the old one.

I'm confused why after a year of no contact he wants to text me.

I know that he got into a new relationship round September time.

It had really messed up with my head, I feel mean and horrible for igniting him.

• Like 1

What happened during your panic attack? That is the real issue you should focus on.

Just change your number, problem solved. But your health is another story. Do you have these attacks often?

Pleasant Surprise

My ex contacted me too...I know how rough it is. She wanted to video chat with me. I'm glad I wasn't there to pick up the phone since I was with a friend...I'm still tempted to ask what it is exactly that she wanted and what the **** she was thinking when I told her I wanted space.

In your case, I think it's best to ignore the text. It seems like you aren't exactly mentally in the best place to pursue contact with your ex. You don't know what is going on in his life right now. He could be using you for confidence or support. Maybe he's lonely and feels that you're always there for him.

Don't be. Don't be his doormat.

Sorry but he is simply using you. Others have told you what to do, just do the right thing. He will never like you like he may have done before but he will take the benefit of your innocence.

• Author

The panic attack only came about as it's from him, the break up majorly affected me last year.

There was a lot of damage done and I'm was only just really getting myself back together when the text came through.

Thank you for all your replies as hard as it is to read it, I can't go back there. But I wish I knew why I feel like I'm being so awful by not replying.

Thank you for all your replies as hard as it is to read it, I can't go back there. But I wish I knew why I feel like I'm being so awful by not replying.

You feel bad because you still care for him and you don't want him to think you don't. I don't know why you are shocked that he revisits you because even when he had a gf, he continued to use you as a crutch and even when he was going through difficult times, he leaned on you. Why wouldn't he continue the pattern?

Ignore. You will send yourself down a very dark hole once again if you start this up again.

Block the new number.

Dance through your room in underwear singing the word "Ignore" if need be, but don't friggin' let him use you. You aren't his mother.