How do you do it

chardayze

My first love who I have had history with for nearly 6 years broke up with me after our 2 1/2 years together. We are both 21. He ended things because he "needed to go out into the world and find out who he is and what he wants in life" and he needed to do this alone. He told me that he is still in love with me and hopes we will be together in the future.

He broke up with me 6 weeks ago but after the first 2 weeks he was missing me badly. I said I would see him after his trip but he has to give me a definite answer of what he wants. Whilst he was away he was constantly texting me telling me he loves me and how we are such a great team together and that he was so excited to see me. Then a few days before he was coming home the texts became blunt from him and he denied that anything was wrong even though it was evident there was.

So I went and saw him 2 days ago when he was back and he hugged and kissed me and was happy to see me but then I asked what is happening between us because I am so confused.. Then he told me that he did think when he was away that he wanted to get back together hence why he was texting me so much, but then he spoke to his dad about it and his dad thought he should be alone for a bit. He said his dad didn't make his decision for him but it sure seems that way..

So things have officially ended now and I have been NC for 2 days. I don't feel

as sad as I did when he first ended things over a month ago, however it still hurts a lot and every morning I wake up and the first thing I think of is how I'm not with him anymore and I can't speak to him and it's such a scary thought. Does this get easier?

I also can't stop thinking about him kissing or getting together with another girl and this actually makes me feel sick. This could happen and I don't know how i will cope, any advice?

We were both each other's first loves and it was both of ours first relationship and it was a great one. We had previously dated for a year a few years ago but due to not being able to see each other much we ended things. However we did text sometimes during that period and 10 months later we caught up and ended up getting back together because we were still madly in love with each other.

I do think that maybe at this age it's not a bad idea to have time on your own. However how much time do you think he will want? And from other peoples experiences, do you think he will end up missing me and try to come back to me if he meant what he said "I can't lose you" . I want nothing more than to be able to move on and honestly I do hope that he will try to come back just so that I can be the one who gets to make a decision the next time, but time feels like it's going so slowly!

Would love anyone's opinions or similar experiences. Thanks so much

Awe. My heart aches for you.

It does get easier with time.

Six years is long time so it will take a while before you feel better.

But one day at a time don't try to over think.

It's hard but as long as you stay on NC and keep busy or go through the emotions you'll be okay.

• Like 1