We got back together and then it fell apart...again.

absolutecp

I wrote about the past breakup earlier this year on here. Long story short, she broke up with me in Feb. I went no contact for around 20 days and she texted me and asked if we could talk. I agreed and we went to dinner. She told me that she missed me and wanted to get back together. I was over the moon happy but didn't agree to it until the next day.

A week later she seemed distant and it got me scared (this is how it felt right before she broke up with me). I confronted her and told her I wasn't ready to get back together because I didn't want to get hurt again.

We took some time off and slowly started talking again. Talking lead to hanging out and so on. It felt like we were a couple again and it was amazing! I never asked her what we were officially because I wanted to take it slow. In April I got a job offer in a city 2.5 hrs away. We talked about it and decided to keep seeing each other long distance. We slept at each others place for the two weeks before I left, I was so in love with her again and wanted us to be together. Then I moved.

At first it was ok, moving to a new place where you don't know anyone sucks in its own right, but when you are trying to piece together a relationship where the other person is 2.5 hrs away takes the "suck" to a whole new level.

We talked a lot and I'd visit her every weekend ( I always offered as this place isn't a great place to visit). Then the texts started getting more and more distant, we wouldn't say goodnight or good morning to each other, and then we wouldn't talk for a few days in a row. Then it was a week before we heard from each other. I called her up and told her that we needed to talk about us. I told her that I wanted to be together and I loved her, but I needed to know what she wanted to do so we could either keep trying and get more in contact, or call it off so I could move on. "I want to be friends right now."

I was ok with it. I agreed that we could still be friends, we said goodbye and hung up. I was fine. I started chatting with a few girls I knew in the town 2.5 hrs away and on the weekends I would go and hookup with them, then I would come back to where I was living and work the rest of the week. I did this for about 4 weeks. I seriously didn't feel anything for the second "breakup". I was over it.

Then Sunday comes around. I woke up slightly hung over (was at a bachelor party the night before) and was devastated. The emotional roller coaster that I was in line for finally started and I had the front car. How could she do this to me? I loved her! She loved me! We were going to try and work things out! What could have I done? What can I do? Since Sunday I have been nothing but a ball of tears. I can't stop thinking about her. I dream about her. I dream that she says she wants me back and loves me. I am constantly checking my phone for texts from her.

This is starting to make me resent the job that I moved here for. If it wasn't for this ****ing job I wouldn't have lost the love of my life! She meant the world to me and this job destroyed any chance of us getting back together. I hate this town, I hate this job, I hate what I've done to ruin what life I used to have. 3 months ago I was the happiest I've ever been, now...the saddest.

• 5 weeks later...
Itspointless
you can be with her.. don't be a fatalist. she is alive and so are you. go get her

Really gfkac - girlfriend formaly known as Chrystal - seems to make a habit out of not knowing what she wants. Seems like he deserves better.

I think you did what you could. Sometimes things are just not meant. Sucks as you have to deal with the attachment which has apparently been under the surface for a while. Sometimes our brain does this to prevent us from falling apart. Seems that bachelor party did you a favour, it is better to deal with it now than years later.

Long distance doesn't work and it sounds like things were kind of on the rocks anyway. I learned this lesson the hard way. Kind of did the same thing, moved for a job and things kind of went to ****. If you love a woman don't move even 45 minutes away from her because she will think you don't care or blah blah. She needed someone everyday. Which is why long distance doesn't work.

Itspointless
Long distance doesn't work and it sounds like things were kind of on the rocks anyway.

Havent read the whole story yet, but long distance definitely can work, one of my best friends has proven that.

Long distance doesn't work and it sounds like things were kind of on the rocks anyway. I learned this lesson the hard way. Kind of did the same thing, moved for a job and things kind of went to ****. If you love a woman don't move even 45 minutes away from her because she will think you don't care or blah blah. She needed someone everyday. Which is why long distance doesn't work.

Can be a excuse, but after all as long as you are near to her, she would think that you are harmful.

It worked for one of my closest friends and she couldn't be happier :) It doesn't matter if your partner is across the world or living with you.It takes effort on both parts. In your case, she didn't want it enough. Long distance isn't to blame. Usually excuses like that are just a cover up of something else.