What have we learnt about ourselves?

Shields boy

Shields boy

Hey guys,

Thought it would be interesting to see what other people have learnt about themselves since suffering heartbreak and losing their loved ones. I see that is some of the advice that gets thrown at people, is to stay single for a while and learn the true you.

I have been single for 6 years now and on reflection I have defiantly learnt a lot about myself. I grew up with a girl, so I suppose I never really knew who I was before I met her as I was still a young teenager.

I have found that I have a very big heart, I'm very passionate and really emotional. Although people can not see these qualities as I am very laid back and I don't let people know my true feelings. I like to hit ambitious goals. I can handle being alone for long periods of time.

I have never been the type to panic and say omg I need a girlfriend to ease the pain. when my heart breaks, it goes into lockdown and does not let anyone near it. I like to embrace the pain alone and protect it till it heals.

Anyone finding new stuff out about them?

• Like 2

• Never treat anyone in a way you would object to being treated, yourself.
  • Be honest, upfront, and speak your mind, but phrase your words carefully. Words wound, but applied with a balm, will heal more quickly.
  • Don't take any nastiness from anyone, whoever they are. Remember, they sit on a lavatory in exactly the same way you do, and they will die one day.
  • You will die one day. Make sure you die with a glad heart, not a heavy one.
    That means being good to yourself, and putting yourself first. Not in a selfish way, but in a way that says "I'm open to all possibilities, come as you are, but I'm no walkover".
  • Smile. It heals much more than anything you ever say, could.
  • Hug. Tactile contact means a great deal to people.
  • Embrace Life and enjoy the company you choose.
  • Give people room to be who they choose to be. You may not agree with them, but it's not your right to seek to alter people to suit your tastes.

• Like 3

I'm evil.

I will do what I want in order to obtain what I want, at any cost.

I'm selfish.

I'm cruel.

I'm a plotter.

I can be myself with others even if they don't like it.

I'm loving.

I'm caring.

I will worship the ground a man walks on with enough love & attention.

I'm silly.

I try so very hard at any task when given.

I'm beautiful. I'm ten out of ten.

There lots I've learned but this is what I can list on top of my head.

• Like 1
VanessaVanessa

- I should be less impulsive in future

-I need to convey my thoughts more directly

-I like showing affection (despite what others may think)

-I need the same affection back

-It's best not to assume things about somebody else

-Trust should be earned

-Pay attention to that gut feeling

-Make intentions clear

-I value accountability

• Like 1

What I've learnt:

- Change is good, it might be scary at first but you learn a lot.

- You don't NEED a person in your life, you want to share it with someone (and love them in the journey) but needs and wants are different. I can pretty much survive on my own too :) I'm learning to be independent.

- Work for what you want, don't get stuck in a routine and blame it on life/god. DO something about it.

- I can be pretty selfish, it's not always bad to take care of you (if not you, then WHO?) but there's a point in which you have to set aside your wants and needs for the greater good and for the people you love

- Forgive, even if the person DOESN'T ask for your forgiveness. Most of the time it serves for your OWN peace of mind.

- Love, love and keep loving. You will get hurt but don't let that stop you from loving. Give it all, take risks and PLEASE let go of fear. Fear is your worst enemy (learnt it the hardest way)

- Don't rely your whole life on someone, don't stop doing the things YOU love, YOU want. If you want to change do it for you, not to fit someone's standards (resentment eventually ensues).

Pretty much it.

• Like 1

It's only bee 2 months but I have learned things

-I'm a loving person

- I'm a great dad

- I need to stop drinking

- Never stop working on myself

-Work on my temper alot

EverLastluv

Being independt is important

never beg/ask anyone for money

when the day is out I can tap my self on the back and say I did NOT

_cheat

_lye

_theaf

material things cant take with you when you die, so if some greedy ppl want everything give it freely as you will receive more blessing for doing so!

Believe in LOVE! Most people stay married because of ( money, weath, kids) I keep my child and move on.

Pretty much a TRUE VIRGO! Amen