Running into cheating ex, how would you react?

Mr.White

I went back to my parents this past weekend and on my way to a friend's house I saw a truck that looked lie my ex's and in my head I thought it would be fubar if this was her truck. I pull up, looked, instantly recognized it was her and get a dam red light.

From the corner of my eye I could see her head looking at me but I focused looking at the light, turned my music up and floored it.

I am interested in how other would react if you ran into your ex who cheated. Would you talk and catch up or would you turn your head the other way and keep moving on?

• Like 1

Regular ex: I would probably at least say hi. Perhaps chat depending on the nature and the amicability of the breakup.

Cheating ex: I wouldn't completely ignore them. That would show them that I was still attached and at there mercy. Nor would I show anger.

If I were really over them I would heap hot coals on their head by giving them a completely unaffected happy "hi" and walking by.

If not, I would probably give them a good dose of contempt as I walked by (sorry I am a firm believer in non-violent resolution to conflict and difficulties, but when that person has already wounded me by cheating, I will not suffer my dignity to allow any feelings of sadness to risk taking over in front of them).

• Like 1
learning_slowly

I would hopefully be able to say "Hi, hope everything's great. Would stop and chat, but I'm already late for a date."

I don't see any benefit in being confrontational. I'm a big enough guy, if I wanted to intimidate, I could. But you have one life, and do I want to waste it making hers and mine worse? The best thing to do is wish them well and forget them. Then enjoy your life. That's the best retort you could ever give.

• Like 1