Weight Loss or Weight Gain?

Johnson1

Which have you experienced since parting with your ex?

I always thought I'd lose weight because I'd be on the prowl again and want to keep myself thin, either that or the opposite, I'd be too depressed to eat and to shop and only have half a package of lunch meat, a bottle of ketchup and a six pack in the fridge. As it turned out, neither was true. I actually gained a few pounds. I ended up buying and eating more than I thought! Now I'm fatter and miserable! :laugh:

I've lost 15 pounds. One more break up and I'll not be overweight anymore... :D

It's weird – because eating helped to releive the pressure, but everything tasted like a styrofoam, so I didn't bother and was basically forgetting to eat.

smileforelena

i lost a good 20 lbs in a matter of months. i was a mess. food did not interest me. i could go the whole day without and did not feel hungry...then when i started coming out of it my health was the first things i worked on.

I was at the pizza with my friends and I noticed it's my first meal in 4 days. They were like: "U SERIOUS? :eek: "

It is like...you are so overwhelmed by emotions and feelings so there is no place in your head for hunger.

learning_slowly

I made a conscious effort to eat as I knew naturally you dont feel like it.

As I am doing a lot of exercise at the moment, the muscles need the protein anyway, but I am eating too many feel good sugary items which I'll slow down on now.

Simon Phoenix

Lost initially, gained it back after I became "recovered". Now I'm down about 15-20 pounds and counting.

For me, it actually hurt to eat anything for about three weeks. So I was basically force feeding myself... but still skipping meals. I dropped about ten pounds. Since then I've regained two, and when I get some more time in my schedule, I'm going to start weight lifting, so when I regain the weight, it comes in as muscle, rather than fat. Yay!

HeartinPain

I lost 18 pounds in 3-4 months. I had no interest in food and I looked like a sickly skeleton zombie. After 4 months, my appetite slowly returned and I have gained about 5 lbs.

Between my failed marriage and the AP leaving me, I've lost 45-50 pounds in about 4 months (I wobble between 175-180). For a while I was on the "divorce diet" where I wouldn't/couldn't eat.

HOWEVER....

I have been exercising 5x a week (weights, running) for about three months now, so it's not all anxiety loss. I actually feel good now.

• Like 1

Oh, I remember this. A long time ago (3 years), my ex broke up with me.

I lost a lot of weight, looked better than ever;). I was not hungry and because of anxiety I would vomit or it would come out very fast out of the other end of my body. Every time I would hear him or see him (we lived in the same building), I would have to literally run to the bathroom to vomit or take a ****.

Trust me, it will pass.

maturityassets

My weight hardly ever fluctuates unless I seriously stuff my face or go full health diet. But after the break up in my last relationship I lost like 10 pounds. I naturally have a long face so when I did I looked so drawn out. Think when I started training over the summer the protein shakes helped balance my weight again