Basic . Hoping someone gets what I'm saying.

Okay, I have posted here during my break up. Wondering how I would get her back. Long story short. My ex and I were together for two years. She was at her second year at school and found some

Kid who was te exact opposite of me. It was hard to deal with cause I felt like a part of me was missing. I'm sure you've had that two sides. The ones saying him/her. The ones saying you'll get her back. I've had her family members telling me she was in a rebound. I kind of just went on my way. I think it was mid feb I found out her and the kid broke up. Really didn't think much of it. Recently I am involved with someone new. While things aren't serious I still find the nicknames that my ex and I would call each other are being used. Movies we used to watch and music we used to listen to are finding it's way back to me. I know my worth and didn't deserve the crapI put up with. But seeing these movies, hearing this music makes me depressed beyond belief. Like the break up was a day ago. I'm ready to move on with my life. This why I'm dating again but why do these thoughts still stay in my head? How did you cope? Could it be cause I never got closure? Help would be perfect.

Itspointless

Well I can only speak for myself, but I think it is safe to say that some memories will always stay with us. Those moments have become part of your life and part of you. Try not to fight these feelings but see and feel them for what they were and are. Some things will stiil move us even decades later, it adds a richtness to your life. Having lost means also that you can look back to these experiences and how they have changed you. It does not forbid you to try to enjoy those memories when you are are ready, in the end its a better option that supressing.

• Like 1
smileforelena

maybe because you decided to move on without really letting it go. like physically move on but the emotional part of you had that tiny hope. its like when you go thru something in your childhood and you thought it didn't have an impact on you as an adult. then you are finding out that whatever that was however small or insignificant you thought it was it actually made an impact on how you are as a grown person. but like the previous post said now let it just be part of your past.

at this point in time, when these memories come flooding we feel the pain and hurt all over again. but like any pain, it will have a peak then it subsides then it will peak again then subsides...eventually it will dry up and the scab will cover the wound.

We never get closure. I'm still struggling with this concept...the memories of those who have had a deep connection with our lives will never really go away, I believe.

I guess the trick to know we never get over it, perhaps this is something you have to accept you'll carry.

Don't let it stop you investing in this new person though. We'd be cheating ourselves if we didn't love like we've never been hurt.

learning_slowly

@jivvy:

I have noticed that I need to do daily exercise to allow me to see logic, rather than dwell on emotion. So if possible, do that. I still get bad moments but at least it's not whole days like some on here.