They really know how to keep you hanging on...

somegoodman

somegoodman

On Day 13 of NC she sends me three picture messages of her with our dog. No explanation attached. Just random pictures of her looking sad with my dog.

I foolishly mull over the pics for some time and then delete without responding. The next day she sends a message asking if I want the dog because she has to move out of her dads. Like nothing happened. Again I don't respond. Day 22 now and haven't heard from her since.

Despite being in No Contact all it took was those three little pictures to stir up those feelings of loss. I feel like my family has died (her and the dog). I never even thought she would resort to these games. :sick:

And you haven't blocked her completely, because.....?

• Author
somegoodman
And you haven't blocked her completely, because.....?

I dunno...doesn't matter now. Doubt she will try to reach me now after I've ignored her last few attempts.

BS.

She tried while you are in NC, there's absolutely no guarantee she won't again.

"I dunno" isn't good enough and you're just leaving yourself exposed to more world of hurt....

Block her completely.

you KNOW it makes sense.

• Author
somegoodman
BS.

She tried while you are in NC, there's absolutely no guarantee she won't again.

"I dunno" isn't good enough and you're just leaving yourself exposed to more world of hurt....

Block her completely.

you KNOW it makes sense.

I don't like the idea of totally closing the door right now. We broke up over an abortion, it wasn't a betrayal really. She just became distant and had a dramatic change in her attitude towards me after the procedure. If she ever comes around then blocking her number will ensure that nothing comes of it. Maybe that's a good thing but I just can't bring myself to do it right now.

I don't like the idea of totally closing the door right now. We broke up over an abortion, it wasn't a betrayal really. She just became distant and had a dramatic change in her attitude towards me after the procedure. If she ever comes around then blocking her number will ensure that nothing comes of it. Maybe that's a good thing but I just can't bring myself to do it right now.

It took me a few weeks to pack her things away, to delete messages etc. I'll admit that I actually waited 6 weeks to finally remove the last messages I stored away of hers.

To this day, her number is still in my phone hidden away.

I might get flamed for this one but...I get that this takes time - assess things each day and decide if you're ready to put one more piece of her away today.

If not - don't,

if yes - do it.

Just know that Tara's 100% spot on. It's a gradual process that heck, I'm still going through right now - but you know that each day you keep the lines open you leave that temptation there to eat away at you.

• Like 1

Well then carry on as you are, but don't come complaining when she 'still knows how to keep you hanging on'...

It's your fault, not hers.

• Like 1
learning_slowly

As much as I hate to admit it, I think Tara's right. I was going to do a closure phone call. But what will it achieve. If she wants me, she knows where I am. You're in the same position. If she really wants to be with you, she will find a way. Otherwise you're just giving her the opportunity to revisit upon you the misery you're currently feeling. We have to try and move on and live a different life.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
somegoodman

Anything.

I can never know what it is like to go through an abortion. I'm certain it is awful. But does not seeing me really make it easier to deal with? Does going out to raves and drinking and partying really quash the pain? Does treating me with such cold and callous disregard give her more strength to move on?

She hasn't heard a peep from me in 33 days. You'd think she could just give me an explanation, some kind of nugget of truth. Why did it have to end? Why could she not even express a tiny bit of remorse over leaving?

I really feel so stuck. I can't just not know the answers. 33 days of No Contact and I don't feel a bit better than on the first day.

• Like 1

It depends on her moral values. The majority of abortions is done simply because it's more comfortable, selfishness at it's prime, but since female rights and pro-choice also go for murdering innocents these people don't want to think that way. (I'm aware of the controversy about this, so this is just my opinion. You should know that most people tend to think it's just some flesh after all.)

Guess she's just needing the distraction, abortions make the female body go crazy.