Conquering my fears but I feel horrible

drew232

I'm 23 and while I've kissed 6 or 7 women I've never made it past 3 dates or had a real girlfriend. In my past I've been deathly afraid of escalating. I've even had a couple of girls kiss me in my bed while I just laid there like a bag of bricks and then wondered why they didn't text me back the next day :o

My past 3 dates have gone really well and I feel like I'm finally starting to "get it" I took initiative and kissed all three of them and made out with 2. I'm still talking to all three and I think I'm about to break the third date roadblock. Yesterday I even managed to get pretty freaky, border line R-rated, with a girl in the back of an empty movie theater.

But here's my problem...

I had no idea it was so easy. Why couldn't I have known this a year ago? I had a girl in my bed that I really liked, twice, and all I could do was lay there and watch TV..If I had known what I know now I would of had her clothes off in 20 minutes..or at least I would of tried. She's all I've been thinking about recently. For some reason I care about what she thinks of me and It kills me to know this girl I really liked no longer sees me as a man or respects me. I'm angry, bitter and resentful. All I had to do was exactly what I wanted to do (and she wanted me to do) in the first place.

I finally learned my lesson and I'm better for it. I should be happy, but I'm not. I feel like I have something to prove now but there's really nothing I can do about it. Like I said before, I've unknowingly 'rejected' girls in bed before but this is the only girl that I really care about. It's been a year since I've even talked to her in person and it still haunts me.

Why can't I stop thinking about her? How can I change this unhealthy pattern of thinking?

TalesoftheWireMonkey

I'm a little more than twice your age and I can tell you some of the missed opportunities will always haunt you a little. The what-ifs and the "If I had only" thoughts are part of you. There's no quick way to get over it but to keep having new positive experiences that push the old failed ones out.

Stay strong and move on, now that you know it's easier than you thought it may come faster.

• Like 1