Thought stopping

Mary Oak

I know everything you think is not true, but I am having a hard time stopping some thoughts of the possibilities of things that may have happened.

My ex said she did not go out with my ex-bf for a year after we broke up. For clarificiation, my ex-bf stopped talking to me about three weeks after my break-up (which was a huge red flag even at the time). But, they both told me that nothing happend for a year. And for the most part, I believe them. Just because I knew who my ex was, but now doubt is sitting in. I know it shouldn't really matter at this point, but it is setting me back in my healing.

I continue thinking of the times they were alone together, though it was not many. Only a handful. But, we used to vacation with her and her gf at the time. I mean, we hung out A LOT! And last night I couldn't stop remembering everytime my ex would go to the store or something, she would always want to go with her. I never thought anything of this, because one my ex and I were doing fine, and two my ex and I often talked about the strangeness of this girl and also her unfortunate bad looks :( I know, not nice, but some things you can just talk to your gf with.

So, in essence, I can't get out of my mind, that they may have cheated, even if it was emotional... and I KNOW IT DOESN'T MATTER AT THIS POINT, BUT I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT EACH TIME THEY WERE ALONE. It bothered me so much that I almost broke NC last night to ask her. But, I didn't. I have asked her before, why do I think I would get a different answer now?

One thing in our relationship, when we had one, was trust. Even if it hurt the other person, we would tell the truth. so.... I don't know what to think... or more accurately, how to stop thinking about it at all...

Help?!?!?

And last night I couldn't stop remembering everytime my ex would go to the store or something, she would always want to go with her.

Maybe I'm misreading, and I don't mean to tear open any wounds you aren't comfortable speaking about...but am I interpreting this right?

Your ex (a woman) left you (I presume another woman?)and a year later has moved on with your ex-best friend (another woman)?