is there hope to feel it again?

Ive been split with my ex a while now, and things were going fine, I feel I'm a bit more ready to move on and meet someone new. Don't get me wrong I still love him, but everyone knows there has to be a point when you've got to let go, and move on.

I don't want to sound like I have men lining up, because I really really don't!! but I have been asked on dates by a few guys since splitting and none of them i have been remotely interested in. I want to feel that connection with someone again. Will i ever find it?

At the moment there are two guys im due to go out with, but i don't think im interested in either, is it worth going just to see or am i wasting both their times? One i don't really fancy, and the other, we live totally different lives.

TheNoBSBuddhist

Your post is full of contradictions.

But one thing is clear: you are going out with men, to ease the pain, and try to fill a gap.

These men are going to be what is classically known as 'rebounds'.

If you don't 'feel it', don't be unfair on them.

They may be eagerly looking forward to seeing you and spending time with you.

You on the other hand, obviously have no interest in progressing, because you ALREADY have no enthusiasm.

Give yourself time.

You need to have gotten over your ex far more than this, before even thinking of venturing into dating.

You're not dating.

You're lonely.

Are you so desperate for company that you consider dating men whose time you will be wasting?

• Author

I didn't think it was right to go if you were not interested.

But my mates are like just go and see, or telling me I should try because you don't know if I might end up liking him.

TheNoBSBuddhist

Yes, have fun by all means, but ensure those you are having fun with, are completely aware that this is all you are doing.

• Like 1
Yes, have fun by all means, but ensure those you are having fun with, are completely aware that this is all you are doing.

Yeah, The Buddhist is right always be honest.

TheNoBSBuddhist

It is always a good thing to be gentle, when making a point...

Or as His Holiness has said:

"Be Kind whenever it is possible.

it is always possible."