My birthday and coming up on the year anniversary of when I met my ex

AnyaNova

And hence,

Ex missing relapse. Enter stupid fantasies again of him showing up a my door declaring his undying love for me and passionately holding me and gently kissing me and cue the cheesy orchestra music.

I really need a date I feel some connection to! This whole demisexual thing sucks in that regard!

happy birthday!

yes, that validation our inner child so wants. she is waiving at her ex asking, "do you see me, pay attention to me, I am over here ect..."

we see you AnyaNova, your higher power sees you, you see your inner child. Love her, acknowledge her, validate her feelings.

the ex coming to you and saying, "I was wrong, you were right, you are worth me changing, blah blah blah" is just you wanting to be validated. Validate yourself. You are the treasure you have always been seeking. You are the prize. Love yourself, all of you..deeply and fully, inner child and all.

• Like 1

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Hang strong, you've been here before, use everything you've learned to power through this!

• Like 1

Hi AnyaNova and Happy Birthday. I always read your posts. Haven't seen you in a while. Nice to see you check in.

• Like 1

Same thing happened for me... but that was on April 9th.

Now it sucks knowing that my birthday is tainted with my crazy ex g/f.

Happy Birthday though!

• Like 1

Happy birthday! You wanted something to remember? Take away from today this - that you opened up to us here on LS and a whole group of strangers from all around the world wished you a fantastic birthday :)

It's nice to feel loved, right? :D

• Like 1

Happy birthday! I can identify so much. My birthday coincides closely with my first date with my ex (also April 9th) so has been a joint celebration for 4 years. Hard to ignore it when it's over. But we are more than the passage of time those anniversaries mark. We have more things to do and more milestones to pass. This time next year it will just be your birthday - nothing more, and that's enough reason to celebrate!

• Like 1
  • Author

Thank you all so much for the wishes and the thoughts!!!

Happy birthday! You wanted something to remember? Take away from today this - that you opened up to us here on LS and a whole group of strangers from all around the world wished you a fantastic birthday :)

It's nice to feel loved, right? :D

Awesome! Good point!

Same thing happened for me... but that was on April 9th.

Now it sucks knowing that my birthday is tainted with my crazy ex g/f.

Happy Birthday though!

I plan on only allowing my birthday to have been tainted for one year!

Hi AnyaNova and Happy Birthday. I always read your posts. Haven't seen you in a while. Nice to see you check in.

As I try to always read yours. I've been pretty busy. :-) Taken up kickboxing.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Hang strong, you've been here before, use everything you've learned to power through this!

Will do! And you are right!

happy birthday!

yes, that validation our inner child so wants. she is waiving at her ex asking, "do you see me, pay attention to me, I am over here ect..."

we see you AnyaNova, your higher power sees you, you see your inner child. Love her, acknowledge her, validate her feelings.

the ex coming to you and saying, "I was wrong, you were right, you are worth me changing, blah blah blah" is just you wanting to be validated. Validate yourself. You are the treasure you have always been seeking. You are the prize. Love yourself, all of you..deeply and fully, inner child and all.

Way to make me cry, I didn't respond at the time, needed time to think, but you made me cry on my birthday. In a good way, though. :-)

Happy birthday! I can identify so much. My birthday coincides closely with my first date with my ex (also April 9th) so has been a joint celebration for 4 years. Hard to ignore it when it's over. But we are more than the passage of time those anniversaries mark. We have more things to do and more milestones to pass. This time next year it will just be your birthday - nothing more, and that's enough reason to celebrate!

Agreed.