Girlfriend broke it off last night

Blastoplast

Blastoplast

We were together 7 months -- long distance relationship. She said she just didn't know if she was liking me for the right reasons, she said she thought I was a great person and all that, that she really liked our time together and that she wanted it to work - she just wasn't feeling 100% right about it.

This just sucks, I really really wanted this one to work, and we both played it real nice and slow too. Just had to vent!

Really sorry to hear it because I know how much it hurts. If she didn't feel you were the right person for her, she wasn't the right person for you. The right person would be enthusiastic, eager to spend time with you, and falling in love with you. Hopefully, that will make sense when you have passed through the worst stage of this.

Meanwhile, take care of yourself because you are just the right partner for some lovely girl. Eventually, the two of you will meet. I know it's easy to say but it does happen that way. xx

• Author
Blastoplast

I appreciate the kind words. If I didn't care for her it wouldn't bother me, and the fact I could hear her getting choked up a little bit made it harder to swallow, because she obviously has feelings for me, but maybe her heart just isn't 100% there. It's a shame because we hit it off SO well. I gave it all I could, maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

Hang in there man. You can only gracefully appreciate her honesty rather than getting more emotionally involved and making things more difficult later on down the line. Take this experience and learn from it. Keep powering forward.

Kinetic Phantom

I was in a long distance relationship for a month. It was going so great. But instead of talking to me about it, one day she started completely ignoring me. She hasn't said a word to me since. And I found out she met a new guy.... so painful.

It was going so great too. There were no signs that she was losing interest.

• Author
Blastoplast

I still want to talk to her one more time, just tell her how much I care for her and just to feel her out a little bit more. I feel rather good today, all things considered. I don't want to be pushy, or badger her -- I just want to tell her how she makes me feel and how much I care about her before it's officially final. I know I'll hear from both sides of the story, "do it/don't do it", but I feel that I care about her enough that I need to tell her how I really feel rather than just accepting it like I did when she broke the news

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Blastoplast

Update:

I sent her a text today asking if we could talk about us. She calls me after work and we had a 30 min. conversation about us and our feelings toward each other. I basically got closure saying that she wasn't having the feelings she was expecting to feel at this point in the relationship -- that I was excellent in so many ways, but it was more of her having that spark or connection with me that she was hoping to have. There was still some ambiguity there as far as us possibly dating in the future, but we both made it clear that we're going to live our own lives and remain on good terms. Sometimes it's being in the right place at the right time, I'm just glad I had a chance to meet her and get to know her.

Honestly, I feel much better after this talk, and it very easily could have gone the other way. Sometimes things don't work out how you expect them to, that's the way life goes. On to bigger and better things here :)

Glad it was a good conversation for you. And thanks for the update. Also great that you are already making peace with it. It does suck, but you have the right attitude.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Blastoplast

So we saw each other out on Sunday, I was celebrating my birthday all weekend. It wasn't awkward at all, we hit it off immediately again, laughing and we hung out a few hours.

This was really our first contact since we last saw each other. So she ends up leaving and going home, then she texts me:

"Resume submitted! Now I can go to bed :)"

"It was nice seeing you, thanks for being a good person, hope you have a good night"

Why would she even have to send me anything after we had just talked for so long? I mean, I know most people would throw the "breadcrumbs" term around here -- but it just doesn't seem like that's all it is.

I feel like I should just live my life, but remain friends with her and I guess see what happens? This is the woman of my dreams and I feel like I have to do SOMETHING because I don't want to live with any regrets. Advice, insight?