Should I block the number?

HorseLuck

Lately I've been getting calls and text in the early hours of the morning from the ex. They're pointless. He's either drunk or trying to mess with me. I'm a bit fearful I'm going to receive one today and it's going to say something hurtful. Should I block the number or not?

I've been ignoring them. If I block the number he will know it's gotten to me; that he was able to affect me in some way. I don't want him to know that. Plus, I've been m.i.a. (though NC was made clear) for awhile. Blocking will make it known that I'm actually receiving these attempts.

If I don't block the number, well.. I'll probably get upset if something harsh or nasty is said and I'll be tempted to reply (it's the itch i don't want). There's a part of me that wants to give him a chance in a sense, to stop on his own. I'm thinking maybe that was the last time and he's taken into account the new year, and that it's the wrong thing to do.

Which should I do? Maybe I can learn to not let it agitate me, but it's very inconsiderate and disrespectful.

Edited by HorseLuck