suicidal thoughts.

Fugee

lately the thought of giving up on everything has been on my mind. i feel worthless and think to myself what's the point on going on. i still can't get over the BU and its harder since its around the holidays. i'm not motivated to improve my life, and i'm insecure that everybody has it better than me. being around friends and family doesn't help, because they sense something is wrong with me, and try to act extra nice or whatever. i feel so lonely, yet everybody is trying to reach out to me. i never hurt myself, but have the thought of it on my mind. i find myself going to church, praying to god to bring some positive reinforcement, but my prayers go unanswered, and its making me question my faith. i'm so tired of sleepless nights, thinking about giving up because the woman i love, left me, and its ruining my life. i feel no one will every want to be with me again because of my shattered confidence.

Edited by Fugee
  • Like 1

You aren't worthless and you have the strength to get past this. You just need to find it. If it gets too much, is there professional help to be had near you that you can call?

Above all, keep praying. Remember that God won't give you the answers you want, but the answers you need.

• Like 3
lately the thought of giving up on everything has been on my mind. i feel worthless and think to myself what's the point on going on. i still can't get over the BU and its harder since its around the holidays. i'm not motivated to improve my life, and i'm insecure that everybody has it better than me. being around friends and family doesn't help, because they sense something is wrong with me, and try to act extra nice or whatever. i feel so lonely, yet everybody is trying to reach out to me. i never hurt myself, but have the thought of it on my mind. i find myself going to church, praying to god to bring some positive reinforcement, but my prayers go unanswered, and its making me question my faith. i'm so tired of sleepless nights, thinking about giving up because the woman i love, left me, and its ruining my life.

Is your avatar Marty from Back to the Future? A+ if it is man, thats my favorite movie and named my new kitten Marty based off of it.

Is the woman you love worth your life? Maybe to jump in front of a bullet to save her, but not by your own hand. What will this accomplish...nothing. You're showing her she "won". You have to be the one to get over this mountain.

Its a huge mountain man, I know, I've been there (stuck on house arrest so not being able to go out blows. Its me, and my thoughts--talk about a bumpy ride). I had those thoughts too at one point but I couldn't stand to see what my family or friends would think...over what? A Girl? Screw that, I'm better than that...I'm better than her.

Remember, the negative thoughts you're having is the devil trying to get into your head. He's playing tricks on you. Don't let him. Keep the faith. Keep going to church. God will help you through this. Even if it doesn't seem like you're being helped, you are, you just may not see it.

Think of it this way, something made you come here. Something influenced your decision to post here. You KNOW you would get support from all of us here on the forums. Use that as a sign that even if it isn't noticeable at first, the slightest things can be God answering your prayers.

Go talk to a priest. Set up a meeting for a 30 minute conversation. When I hit my all time low, this is what I did. It helped me more than anything. Tell him what is on your mind. Think of it this way, he's a free therapist. haha. But the advice they give is different than a normal therapist, its more spiritual advice and spiritual guidance.

Hang tough man, you'll make it through all this. Post here any time you get these feelings and we'll be here to help you.

I just said a prayer for you. Keep the faith. Stay strong. Keep your chin up.

• Like 5

You're depressed. It's hard to see or think clearly under that cloud. I've been there.

Talk to somebody. Get into therapy. Exercise or do yoga even if you don't want to.

Movement -- going for a walk, cleaning your house -- helps.

• Like 2

This is a temporary feeling. It will pass. I know, because I have experienced it. So have many, many people here. You've come to the right place :)

• Like 3
This is a temporary feeling. It will pass. I know, because I have experienced it. So have many, many people here. You've come to the right place :)

Yeah man. Like a ton of people on here, we have experienced heavy losses as well. My ex dumped me back in July and I'm STILL not quite over it. A while back I actually took measures (which I don't care to explain) in order to get me closer to taking my own life. But now, as I sit here, I can think about how STUPID that all was. Dude you have so much to live for. So much. Pretty soon you are going to tell yourself: "Did I really think those thoughts? Did I really consider taking my own life because of HER??"

I know everything seems like a longshot at this point but trust me man, it's going to get better. It always does. Keep using this site because it can be really therapeutic. Not only reading other peoples advice but GIVING advice as well. Sometimes we find the answers to our own problems but helping others with theirs.

• Like 2
livingnightmare

Mate please don't do anything like that, we know how hard it is, check out our posts see what we have been through, how it gets easier. You WILL get through this!

Keep talking to us.

• Like 2

dude ... u need not take call on this ... there is a reason u were sent here by GOD ... have some faith ... i mean work on something positive ... concentrate on ur job ...

live for some other ppl in ur life too .. even if they are strangers help them as well ... ull get that special someone in the process .. suicide isnt for ppl like u .. watch this might cheer u up ..

• Like 2

Ride this rough wave and know that it will pass. It's a terrible feeling, we've all been though the wringer and back and at times residuals can still get the best of us. Be strong and know that no one is worth it, we will make it through this.

• Like 1
  • Author

thanks everyone for the kind words.

my family has a history of depression and my great grandmother took her own life. it sucks i have inherited this trait. also when i was a kid, i witness a man commit suicide by jumping in front of the subway right in front of me, me and my friends had to go to therapy after that.

its just had not having my partner around anymore, she was the only one who really understood me and was by my side throughout my hardships.

• Like 1

I've had these thoughts before but was ashamed to admit it. I had a thought once that if I had terminal cancer, I wouldn't care. I've thought that maybe not waking up in the morning wouldn't be so bad. I've always thought I was strong enough to handle all of this or anything that came my way. Turns out, I'm asking for help and have scheduled an appointment with a therapist.

I think you need to talk to someone. There are Christian counselors or churches that will bill you based on your income. There might even be free services at a church. Acknowledge what you are feeling, and don't judge yourself for it. I should have sought professional help sooner, but I was too proud.

• Like 1
Turns out, I'm asking for help and have scheduled an appointment with a therapist.

I should have sought professional help sooner, but I was too proud.

Therapy has been a huge help for me. Especially if you can find one you really can develop a connection with. Invaluable!!!

• Like 2

I had same feelings once. Interestingly all religions condemns suicide. And suicide won't solve any problem.

In this time, you can do anything, you can help someone, you can live for someone. Just anything.

• Like 1

In times of despair we tend to contemplate suicide, I can attest to that. However, understanding that what you are experiencing will eventually subside gives hope to continue on. Earlier today I felt so shietty. I'm sitting at Starbucks watching all the couples go in and out and I'm thinking damn it why am I still alone? I need to proactively take charge of my life and get my confidence back. No one will do it by my, if I continue on this path I will only continue to observe from the side line, its time for me to start playing the field once again. I was once told "you need to be your own cheerleader" it definitely works, it gives me hope at least for those few minutes but for sure helps ease the brain.

• Like 1

Yep been there a few weeks ago, felt so low couldn't get much lower. Didn't know why I am here, didn't want to be here but it did pass after a few days.

Once you get to the bottom there is only one way to go, up.

Try and make some plans for the next few weeks, it helps. Also get some help, you don't have to do this alone.

Xxxxx

• Like 1
lately the thought of giving up on everything has been on my mind. i feel worthless and think to myself what's the point on going on. i still can't get over the BU and its harder since its around the holidays. i'm not motivated to improve my life, and i'm insecure that everybody has it better than me. being around friends and family doesn't help, because they sense something is wrong with me, and try to act extra nice or whatever. i feel so lonely, yet everybody is trying to reach out to me. i never hurt myself, but have the thought of it on my mind. i find myself going to church, praying to god to bring some positive reinforcement, but my prayers go unanswered, and its making me question my faith. i'm so tired of sleepless nights, thinking about giving up because the woman i love, left me, and its ruining my life. i feel no one will every want to be with me again because of my shattered confidence.

Dont you dare give up and kill yourself over another woman! Wtf? I know your in a ****ty place right now, but your way out of line contemplating ending it. Go look in the mirror and hug yourself, you've come this far in life and you feel that worthless that you could end it prematurely over another human being? 1 out of the 6 billion humans that are on this revolving, eternal confusing Earth we share?

**** THAT! Life is just one big test. Full of highs and lows, your on the low now. WINSTON CHURCHILL - If your going through hell, keep going

I dont know your back story. But, you are suicidal and you should first tell your parents, and then your Doctor. Go and seek therapy.

You WILL be fine in the end.

• Like 1

Suicide is like a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Like cutting off a head to cure a headache.

Sorry to hear of your Grandmother too. But with that, surely you have now experienced first hand the absolute devastation she has caused to you all?

Well, thats what you will leave behind on your whole family.

• Author
Suicide is like a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Like cutting off a head to cure a headache.

Sorry to hear of your Grandmother too. But with that, surely you have now experienced first hand the absolute devastation she has caused to you all?

Well, thats what you will leave behind on your whole family.

i told my family, they said acted like i was bluffing.

i told my girlfriend after the break up that i'm moving out of state, she got upset, but when i told her i'm suicidal, she blew up on me, and became furious...

organizedchaos

i told my girlfriend after the break up that i'm moving out of state, she got upset, but when i told her i'm suicidal, she blew up on me, and became furious...

It is utterly ridiculous you would even contemplate doing something like this over one person. Really? Grow some balls. Be a man and move on. She's one girl. Unbelievable.

And yes, I've gone through a hard breakup and still thinking about her 5 months later after a 3 year relationship. But I'll be damned if I'd kill myself over any one girl. I would never invest that much of myself in one person.

• Like 1

Their reaction is just that, theirs. Most folks don't understand depression and certainly don't understand when thoughts get their darkest. They view it as being selfish verses a plea for help. Forgive them and follow the other suggestions folks posted here. Life never sucks my friend, just situations. adn situations, like moods always change.

praying for ya brother!

• Author
It is utterly ridiculous you would even contemplate doing something like this over one person. Really? Grow some balls. Be a man and move on. She's one girl. Unbelievable.

And yes, I've gone through a hard breakup and still thinking about her 5 months later after a 3 year relationship. But I'll be damned if I'd kill myself over any one girl. I would never invest that much of myself in one person.

i was suicidal years before i was with my girl. but losing her has been the hardest part to bare.

Hey Fugee, since you have a history could you reach back out to previous therapist or doctors? Sorry if you have already addressed that.