My depression and Anxiety

Dumped85

Ive suffered from mental health issues for Aslong as I can remember, before I met the ex I was I am now, during the most part of the relationship I felt like a better person. Thought I was doing the right thing by her, being respectful towards her and all that.

But I realize now that towards the end I was needy, lacked confidence in the important things, Directed unesscesary assertiveness. And towards the end just wasn't the person she initially met. I hate my life more than ever its been 6 months and I just wanto die, I hate how I feel. Hate that I truly pushed her away. before things got to overwhelming I shouldve communicated how I felt.:(:(:(:(

todreaminblue

If she is aware of your mental health issues there's very little a good friend or compassionate woman wouldnt forgive...cheer up.....mental illness isnt a choice you made to live with and dea lwith......good luck......(dissassociative and depression i know about and i live with it)go easy on yourself, you are who you are..........hugs....deb

• Author

Im having therapy, I take anti depressants and vitamin B tablets. Ill be starting excersising properly. And ive started a second job to help with confidence.

How do others cope?

Hey man look, you're situation sounds very very similar to mine. I've struggled with depression for years and it definitely got in the way of my last relationship. Like you, I became needy/insecure, made a lot of silly mistakes and pushed my ex away. We've been NC for 4 and a half months. But listen the best thing you can do is working on improving yourself. Make yourself into that person that you've always wanted to be. And if she is lucky enough to recognize that, then she might want you back. And if not, then it's her loss. Trust me the only thing you can do is move on. Learn to love your life and yourself. I know it's all easier said than done, but you gotta remebmer that one day all this pain will be nothing more than a bump in the road. I still am greatly effected by what happened with me and my ex but I'm on my way to getting better. Make each day better than the last one

Ah, anxiety. Something I have too. I agree that it's very unpleasant. It's basically chemical reactions to stressful situations you feel you cannot escape from. You think you're winning, but you are really losing. Yeah! I can relate.

I suggested this on Wrong Planet too, but cut out junk food or sugary snacks and drinks from your diet. Try to eat more vegetables, fruit and grains. A musician called Wendy Williams who has since passed away claimed that using sugar in baking made it addictive like heroin. I'd agree with that. Sugar makes you binge. Sugar in turn adds to your depressive state. It is just bad for you.

Try exercising more and spending time with loved ones, your closest mates and maybe try a new hobby, sport or volunteer somewhere that will make you feel good inside. Feeling good about yourself is one step towards a better life.

• Author
Hey man look, you're situation sounds very very similar to mine. I've struggled with depression for years and it definitely got in the way of my last relationship. Like you, I became needy/insecure, made a lot of silly mistakes and pushed my ex away. We've been NC for 4 and a half months. But listen the best thing you can do is working on improving yourself. Make yourself into that person that you've always wanted to be. And if she is lucky enough to recognize that, then she might want you back. And if not, then it's her loss. Trust me the only thing you can do is move on. Learn to love your life and yourself. I know it's all easier said than done, but you gotta remebmer that one day all this pain will be nothing more than a bump in the road. I still am greatly effected by what happened with me and my ex but I'm on my way to getting better. Make each day better than the last one

She'll never come back, was a very bad breakup :(

She'll never come back, was a very bad breakup :(

Then use that knowledge to move on. Focus on yourself, completely. I know everybody says this but start exercising often, distract yourself, get involved, etc. You are going to be ok my friend