a major setback! Feeling low

Sweett

Feeling low again. I just saw photos online of my ex and his new wife at their wedding. The sad part is she isn't the person i caught him cheating on me with. He married someone else. We broke up in 2011 and i thought he left me for the girl i caught him with but he got engaged to this totally different girl last year and they got married in september of this year. I thought i had healed but i am hurting so bad right now. I feel like i need to get back in counseling all because i saw the wedding photos. I wonder if he knew this girl while with me, i just feel like crap now and like im worthless all over again. The have each other and i have no one, please help.

So sorry for your pain.

Firstly, I would not look online at anything linked to him. Try to block him out of your life. regardless of the fact he's married someone different to who you thought, he cheated on you. he's completely moved on as hard as it is to accept.

Your time in the sun will come, but for now, yes maybe look into more counselling, nurture you. happiness will only come from within. Your recovery from this and feeling low in general will be difficult at times, but you are the master of your fate, no one else, especially not a cheating scumbag such as him.

I wish you lots of strength and luck.

:( I am scared cause that is something that may happen to me soon. In the end you have to be the one to deal with this. I am in that position as well and have to look for every possible method to let her go. But as Mcnulty said, you cant let curiosity get the best of you, you cant find out about this person until it means nothing to you. You have a lot more life to live and carrying that ghost of that person will make it harder.

I have a problem with low self esteem and will have to tackle that. We have to go at it, we can let other people determine our life, its just too short. :(.

He also sounds like he has his own problems, which are not yours to deal with 2011 was just 2 years ago and he ups and marries someone that he has known for less time.

devilish innocent

You have no reason to be jealous of this girl. I doubt she has any clue she just married a cheater. He's very likely to do the same thing to her that he did to you. It will just be worse for her because she's married to him. I see no reason to envy her. You're the lucky one who dodged the bullet of marrying this loser.

• Like 3
  • Author
That sounds terrible to go through, Sweett. How are you holding up today?

It is terrible to go through this. I deleted my face book account so i won't have to see anymore. The sad part is i've been trying my best to move on and thought i was doing ok but seeing the pics made me relive it in a sense and i felt the same pain i felt after the break up. I know he wasn't with this girl long and for some reason i really think he did propose to the one i caught him with but maybe she turned him down when she found out who i really was so he married this other girl who is a lot younger than him. Sometimes i think wow they must be better than me to get the ring but i know i should not think that. I feel he rushes things with people to keep from being alone with himself.

• Author
You have no reason to be jealous of this girl. I doubt she has any clue she just married a cheater. He's very likely to do the same thing to her that he did to you. It will just be worse for her because she's married to him. I see no reason to envy her. You're the lucky one who dodged the bullet of marrying this loser.

Thanks and u are probably right. Funny after i caught him cheating i told my mom and after we broke up she told me she never liked him and felt he was sneaky and hoped i would not marry him but she didn't say anything while we were together because she didnt want to hurt my feelings and felt i would not have listened. Amazing how parents know these things.