Need tips for a speedy recovery

mrlost

It's been 2 months since the breakup but its only been 2 and a half weeks since we last saw each other and spoke. I never begged or pleaded for her to come back. We are both in uni and have the same group of friends, i've been trying to avoid her as much as possible. I've joined a couple of societies and i've been very busy with gym and uni work. So i'm constantly doing something, after spending most of august and september mourning the relationship I want to stop. There are days when i'm fine and actually feel good about being single, But then there are still days like today where i'm depressed and cry and suddenly really miss her. Lots of things still remind me of her and it pisses me off. i don't want to miss her or think of her anymore, i just want to move on with my life. So is there anyone of you out there that can give me some tips on a speedy recovery so I don't have days like these again.

YOU are ME.

we cope with it the same way.

let me tell you, there's no shortcut to cure a broken heart, only time.

invent a time travel machine, maybe that'd work. :laugh:

don't worry too much about it, you're doing all the right things.

I also got some sad days, but happy days too. sometimes it's a hourly thing.

just go through it, you're just human.

The way to stop thinking about your ex is to stop thinking about your ex.

It sounds like you are moving on with your life. Now, if you want an easy solution to this, you're just like everyone else. Unfortunately, there is no easy way. One can read dozens of threads regarding people fighting thoughts of lost romance: single people, people with FWB relationships, married people, divorced people.

You have to catch yourself having these thoughts. Then, have a standby thought ready to go: a test you're preparing for, a funny scene from a movie, a cool song, etc.

• Author

Cheers guys, I know I realise I just need to give it time. Right before I posted this I gave in and checked her facebook and that set me back a little and made me depressed I guess.

You're doing an amazing job!! Congrats, keep it up and you'll get over her soon. You guys were together for two years, give it time. You'll be fine.

"Thought-stopping" techniques. You basically actively have to STOP thinking about her when it POPS into your BRAIN :)

That combined with time = healed.

I am not healed yet though, but that is my strategy.

Good luck man!