Advancing every day, with a set back every now and then

My GF of 2 years broke up with me, blaming me for "not inviting her to events in the right way," and told me her feelings had changed and that continued contact with me would make her a beetch (sp).

It's been nearly 3 months and I've made no contact. She has sent me some group-addressed e-mails with inspirational messages on them and such and I've ignored them.

The trouble is, these e-mails, though not directly addressed to me, set me back. I've erased her e-mail address from my computer and I've made no contact. Just yesterday, I received in the mail, a book I loaned to her about two years ago. She had wrapped the book, very carefully and neatly, in a protective sleeve, stuck a note on it and placed in the envelope. The note said, "Sorry to have kept your book so long." I mean, why go to all this trouble to send a little book back to me. It looks like it cost her more to send the book back than it would have for me to buy another one.

I fight it everyday to contact her. I think this book sending is a veiled attempt at contact. She has always been shy and uncourageous about addressing matters head on. She would store up little problems and they would all come out in a landslide of blame and emotion. In retrospect, I really don't like people who hold it all in, only to unload a big load on you when you least expect it.

You seem to have a stong head on your shoulders and moving on, why would you want to jepordize that again in some "hopes" that this means more? If she truly wants to contact you, she has your address and I assume knows how to contact you. You do what you feel is right, but I always hate to see people look back espeically when they are moving well forward.