Was doing so good.. social media screwed it up

May72

I was doing SO well this week. I finally got some of my confidence back, got a job, met some pretty cool people, life was going good. Until I saw that my ex who is flirting with his ex again on instagram!

So many emotions are going on inside me of me right now. For one, how stupid I am for following her on Instagram and never thinking that he would get back in touch with her sooner or later now that we're broken up; how gullible I am when we were still together and I suspect that he still has feelings for her, but I believed him when he said he has long forgotten about her; how insecure I feel now because everyone knows she's not a looker, and for him to call her gorgeous really showed that something is deeply wrong with me because HE doesn't want me even though other guys do; and lastly, how pathetic I feel because after all this time I still seek validation from him..

The only thing that's stopping me from contacting him and calling him a liar is me writing this out and reading it again to see how irrational this all is. I still don't understand how someone can walk away from a long-term relationship and act like it was nothing to them. Even though I want a relationship, I just can't force myself to take interest in any of the guys that want me right now. I actually want to be single to work out my issues and learn to love myself before I expect someone else to love me. I don't get why he's not doing the same since he has problems himself, yet he's moving on from one girl to another, especially when this is so out of character for him.

Love is confusing. and painful. sigh.

• Like 2

Just remember much of what you see on FB and Instagram and whatever else is total BS that has no bearing on real life interactions.

Someone can be a total bastard on FB but be a teddy bear in real life and vice versa.

• Like 2